Monday, June 2, 2008

texas trip: part one

Merit and I had a really great time in Abilene. The plane rides weren't nearly as stressful as I let them be. Merit slept most of the flights and only kicked our Sudoku-crazed neighbor a few times. 

security line in Nashville, circa 6 am - Merit peacefully slept while I put on a shaky smile...despite my excitement to go home, I was really, really, REALLY nervous about flying alone with Merit.
Merit's first plane ride! I had to crop this pic, and I hated to do it b/c you can't really tell we are on a plane, but...
...it's better than this. Hey, you up front! Mind your own business!
We had a layover in Dallas, and I was telling Merit that she was now in Texas. She excitedly exclaimed that Texas is #1. Smart girl.
Here we are safely landed in Abilene. Check out that wind-blown hair. Ah, home.

First stop - Merit met her sweet cousin Macy for the first time!

We then promptly headed to Bueno like any good Texan who now lives in Tennessee, AKA No-Bueno Land, should. (How cute is that burrito-eating girl sitting next to me?!)
Nina was so glad to have all of her grandgirls in the same place!

4 comments:

Kara said...

i am glad the flight went well! i will eat some bueno for you this week...

Cassie said...

I am SO proud of you for enduring the flight all by yourself! I don't know that I could've done that! I also didn't get a chance to comment on your last post...but I cannot believe Merit is already SO big! Time flies, doesn't it?? She's SO adorable...I love her sweet eyes!

Kaylane said...

I know flying with a 2 month old was scary, but wasn't it GREAT to be home!!!!!

erin f. said...

Sporting the target jacket on the plane...that's what I like to see! We need a picture of us both wearin that jacket and making a crazy face (to add to our crazy face collection)

I'm glad you were able to go home and Merit got to meet her cousins and visit Abilene!