Thursday, May 29, 2008

two months!


Unbelievably, Merit is already two months old.  Two months. It's a short time, really, but is it possible that I feel like she has always been here? Can I remember what it was like to get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep? Can I think back to when there wasn't a pacifier or a boppy or a burp rag on every surface of the living room? Did her nursery really used to be just an office with a futon in the corner?    ...Haven't I always been her mama? If I can think back to life before Merit, I think I'd rather not for now. (Mainly because that involved swollen ankles, restless legs, and a 40 inch waist...) 


Whoa.

With her two month birthday has come all sorts of fun. She has really started to show her personality lately. She is cooing (talking, really...her words have included "oh yeah", "hi", "elbow", and "cold cut"...). She makes the girliest high pitched sighs and sounds. And as you can see above, she has started smiling with her whole face. As she gives you that sweet smile, she'll bashfully shrug her shoulders and turn her head to the left. Sweet baby girl. Sometimes if I'm looking at something else, I'll look back at her to see her already smiling at me...gets me every time. She loves to sleep, and especially loves to sleep late, just like her parents. Yesterday she slept until 11 am! She's pretty much the greatest baby ever. Well, at least the greatest baby I've ever had. 

let's review. 
one month...
Photobucket
Photobucket
two months!

Baby girl, we are so blessed. I cannot thank the Lord enough for the gift He has given us through you. Oh, my goodness, Merit Fey, we love you so much. Can't wait to see what the next month has in store...

6 comments:

Kaylane said...

Oh I just love those first few smiles!! Isn't it incredible????

Anonymous said...

Your feelings are all to familiar to me! The time really does FLY by! Can't we stop them from growing somehow????? Beautiful baby girl with a precious smile!

Anonymous said...

I love that baby! I miss her and you. Love, Mama

Sarah P said...

Oh, that sweet smile! And some lonnnng legs! Just beautiful.

Laura Webb said...

those new pictures on my blog are from yesterday...I was in Abilene last weekend...I went to see Bailey this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!!

erin f. said...

I think that I want to nick name her "Meri Mer"

When she comes to Arkansas she can meet her future husband...Grayer, or "G-dog" and we are now calling him.