Saturday, June 14, 2008

happy father's day to...

My Daddio...
...Merit's PaPa,
Kev's Pops...
...Merit's Popsy,
and my Kev...
...Merit's Daddy.


My dad has always called me his "favorite woman-child". Being one of his favorite children was special, but when it came to women-children, he let me know I was the front runner. (I know, I am his only girl, but I love the title just the same.) Amazing how things have come full circle...growing up a daddy's girl and now getting to watch my own daughter turn into the same. Kevan is doing a fabulous, most excellent job as Merit's daddy. I expected nothing less, especially knowing his own father...Kev learned from one of the best. So today Merit gets to celebrate two incredible granddads (plus two great-granddads!) and one amazing daddy. She is indeed one blessed woman-child.

2 comments:

erin f. said...

This is so sweet. Lots of good men in your life...Happy Father's Day to Kevan and the grand-dads!

Jennifer W said...

I stumbled on your blog through a friend of a friend of a friend... not really sure how I got here but I wanted to let you know I love it! Merit is precious! She's about a month older than my baby girl, Avelyn. Also - you are so creative! You should start selling some of the things you make. Do you make any of Merit's outfits? She is always so impecably dressed, I have to know where you get her clothes and bows and headbands. I love it! Congrats on such a beautiful girl!