Wednesday, June 4, 2008

get your swim bake on!

I have always gotten giddily excited when it comes time to go swimming for the first time of the summer. Today was the day! We took Merit to the pool, and she got to sport a cute vintage "swim bake" straight from 1982. When I was little, I called my swimsuit my swim bake. (Her suit is a swim bake in the truest sense, because it belonged to me--the originator of the term.) I am not sure where I came up with that name, but it stuck...even now you might hear my family members use the term when talking about their swim wear. There exists a picture of me in this very same suit that I wish I had on my computer...by seeing it, you'd understand why my brothers used to call me the Michelin Man. Merit looked pretty cute and only a bit Michelin Mannish--she's got some growing to do and some thigh rolls to add before she can claim the name as well as I did. 

What a great time we had today in our swim bakes. It was so much fun introducing Merit to what you do on a perfect summer day. 

4 comments:

Biddy said...

precious!!

hehe i have i hard time imagining you with fat rolls!

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of the swimming lessons at four months old that turned you into a fish. Merit looks so sweet in her mommy's swimbake. Kevan looks pretty cute too. And Mommy, oh my! Only you could look that good. Love you!!

Sarah P said...

Look at those sweet lips! So cute.
And look at you looking all fabulous in a two piece already. Please, Lord, let my genes work that way too!!!

amy said...

Merit is precious! LOVE her sunglasses :)