Monday, June 23, 2008

three months


My Merit Fey
You are 3 months old, baby girl! What a fun time we have had so far. When people ask me how it has been adjusting to having a baby, I always have to respond that it really hasn't been too tough--you fit right into our lives, although your daddy and I still don't really know what we are doing. Just yesterday your daddy asked me if I thought we were qualified for this. I'm not sure we are, but I am so glad you're here and that the Lord entrusted us with your little life. You are getting more fun by the minute. We hang on your every movement and sound, waiting to see what you will learn and discover next. 

This month you went swimming for the first time. You seem to like it. You have discovered your hands and when you lose your paci, they are second-best.
You've grown so much this past month. I may actually acquire some biceps after carrying you in your car seat! Speaking of that seat, you have a love-hate relationship with it. 9 times out of 10, you cry for a minute or two when we first put you in...but also, 9 times out of 10, you will be asleep before we even buckle you in the car.
You don't love being on your tummy, but you are getting to where you don't mind it too much anymore. I think it is because you now know how to get out of it! About a week ago, you learned how to roll from your belly to your back. You work so hard to get flipped over, and we always have a little celebration when you do.
You are also learning how to grab things and pull them to your mouth. This is something else that you concentrate on and work very hard to do. I think you have your daddy's determination, which is a very good thing.
Your eyes are still blue... 
...and the back of your head is getting balder by the day. I know you're tired if you're rubbing your head back and forth. Eventually, one arm will go up and cover your eyes right before you fall asleep. (You also love your webcam chats with Nina and PaPa!)
You are such a happy baby, which makes my face and my heart smile. You have been giving sweet smiles for a while now, but these days it doesn't take much to get them from you. When I wake up in the morning, I can't wait to look at you because I know you are going to give me a huge grin when you see me. You have also discovered how much you love to smile at yourself in the mirror, one of my favorite pastimes lately. You smile with your eyes, your shoulders, your legs...so many of my pictures of you smiling turn out fuzzy because you wiggle your whole body when you're happy. Two days ago, you laughed out loud for the first time as I was playing with you by putting your foot in your mouth, proving you indeed have a great sense of humor. I was so glad that your daddy and I were both there to hear that incredible sound.
However, happiness was nowhere near when you received your first shots this month. Your daddy was so sweet to stay with you as the nurse gave you all your shots, while I hung back, and closed my teary eyes. You screamed and cried like we have never heard before. When we got home, you slept almost all day and night, and when you were awake, you laid in my arms and moaned the saddest little moans ever. The shots also gave you your first fever.
This month your daddy and your uncle Matt went to Bonnaroo, leaving you and I by ourselves for 4 days. We did great, if I do say so myself. I left the TV on in the living room 24 hours a day, so if I heard a suspicious noise, I could just tell myself it was the TV. Daddy had the camera with him, so sadly, our girls' weekend went un-photographed. (That's okay though, because I don't think going to Target everyday really needed to be documented.) Daddy took this picture of skinny-winny Alison Krauss, which, along with Nickel Creek, is who I played for you the most when you were still in my belly.

Happy 3 month birthday, Mer-Mer! Your short life has already been filled with so many accomplishments and good times. We love you more than we could ever describe. Month number four is sure to be fun.


much love,
your mama

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, MerMer, you are so beautiful,just like your mama and, yes, your daddy. I love this blog. It keeps me going to know I am going to see such precious pictures and read such entertaining and delightful words. It kinda keeps me connected. I wish I could hold you right now and enjoy the company of your sweet mommy and daddy. Soon, maybe soon, my dream can come true. I wish! Love you so much, Nina

*Courtney* said...

Sharon, she is just beautiful! I forget how quickly they grow...it's fun to watch your sweet baby learn so many new things.

Happy 3 months, Merit!

Sarah P said...

Happy birthday beautiful Merit!!

Are you using digital scrapbooking to make those pages with multiple pictures? I haven't found a site I love yet so would you share what software or site you're using to make them?

Kaylane said...

It makes me so sad to think that 3 months has already passed because that is how long I will be out on maternity leave with Baby #2! IT GOES BY TOO FAST!!!!

She is in fact gorgeous though and you are doing a FANTASTIC job!

Cassie said...

She's ADORABLE!! I love the smile in the last picture! Too cute. Happy 3 months, sweet Merit!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are such a talented writer, Sharon! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful things that your beautiful baby girl is learning. It's so fun to hear about and look forward to. Time really does FLY by! Happy 3 months pretty girl!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful smile! I showed Benton her picture and he let me know that he likes his girlfriends a few months older!

Kyla said...

I just want to kiss her and squish her and eat her up!!! There is nothing more sweet than a big toothless grin. :) She is precious.

JENNY said...

She is beautiful, Sharon!

erin f. said...

The last picture on here with Merit and the teddy bear is my favorite ever! I am about to see that smile in...hopefully like 30 minutes! Hurray!