Thursday, June 19, 2008

finally, texas trip: part 3

I realize it has now been almost a month since we were in Texas, but I wanted to be sure and post about one of the main reasons we went: a baby shower for Merit! Some friends from our home church in Abilene were so nice to throw us a shower--specifically Jasa Ruff, who hosted the party in her beautiful home. Thank you to everyone who helped, attended, and generously gave us such fun gifts!! I was thrilled to introduce Merit to so many people who had played an important role in our lives in Abilene. 


Merit's Auntie Katie and Auntie Kasey came from Dallas and surprised us! That really meant so much to me. This was their first time to meet Merit, and I think they kinda liked her.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Merit's yellow dress and your red shoes! Grammie

Jacquie said...

Lynlee is wearing that exact yellow dress as I read this! How funny. Glad you got to have such a great time in Abilene!

Kyla said...

I am soooo jealous that Kasey and Katie got to see her and I didn't!!!!!!