Sunday, September 28, 2008

6 months (and a week)

First, let's review...

Happy Half Birthday, baby girl!!!
It goes without saying that you are a different baby than the one we brought home half a year ago, but it's also true that you're a different baby than the one we knew a month ago! You are learning so much these days. You will be crawling at any moment. You have figured out how to move your knees back and forth and you have figured out how to move your hands, now we are just waiting for you to figure out how to do both at the same time. This month you mastered sitting up and then not a day or two later you learned how to sit yourself up from laying down. I love seeing you sit up and play. You are starting to get into things...I think it's the cutest thing ever, but know I may not always feel this way!
Of course, you had many firsts this month. It is so exciting to experience all of these things with you, whether big things like eating your first bites of cereal, or little things like...
...playing in the laundry basket,

...riding in the grocery cart,

...or your first trip to the zoo with your friend, Cali.

Your eyes are still blue, but when looking closely, I can see some light brown streaks.

I ADORE your gummy, toothless grin.

In fact, I adore every... 

...little thing   ...about you.

It's not a stretch to say that at all times, there is most likely someone in our house with a smile as big as yours and your daddy's in this pic, which could be my fave from the past month...

I know I've never been happier. Happy 6 months, Mer Mer. Can't wait to start planning your first birthday party...

Much Love, 
your mama

16 comments:

Jennifer W said...

Beautiful post with such a beautiful girl!! LOVE the scrapbook compilations too! She always looks so happy, I love it.

Kara said...

that little jacket is adorable! happy half birthday little merit!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!!!! I was getting awfully anxious to see that little girl. Love your blog. It is so beautiful and interesting. You are amazing!!!! Love, Mama

annalee said...

i love seeing the closeup faces of miss merit! happy half birthday to you beautiful girl!

and where in the world did you get the cutest jacket ever?!?

Sarah P said...

I had such great intentions to take monthly pictures like you do, but here we are 2 months in and I have yet to do it. Grr. I take pictures very day but I haven't put dates in them...my poor undocumented child.
She is beautiful, Sharon!

erin f. said...

She is perfectly adorable! She keeps getting cuter and cuter, as hard is that is to imagine since she started out so cute! Also your blog keeps getting cuter! You are awesome at blog making. You should be a professional blog maker. Thanks for making mine smaller...i like the blue! And you made those lines go away somehow that were around it....way to go Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girl! She's so happy! Love seeing your updates. Cutest little outfit too! Love it!

Allison Connor said...

I love the new blog look. The pic of Merit is super cute at the top. I hope Merit had a wonderful half birthday!

JENNY said...

What a cute baby girl! I love her jacket and jeans! And, I LOVE your blog layout. Let me know if you are looking for more people to practice with...my blog needs a little loving.

KimM said...

Sharon, Merit is so chubby and cute! You are definitely getting the documenting mom of the year award.

Yes, I did see Thaxton and it was so much fun! Time flies!

Anonymous said...

merit is the cutey cutiest. and that little sweater makes me proud. she looks so adorable. keep these great pics comin -
kasey

Katelyn said...

Sharon, she is one stylish 6 month old! She is beautiful and it's so fun hearing about sweet Merit!

Kyla said...

Happy 6 mth. b-day Merit!! You are the cutest thing ever! Sharon, love the pics and the blog! I love your style. :) Miss y'all!!

4CAMPBELLS said...

Hi. My name is Michele. Your blog is so cute, and your little girl is a doll. I've used scrapblog before, but can't seem to figure out how to make a new header for my blog. My blog name is fourcampbellsisenough on Blogger.
Can you offer any advice?

4CAMPBELLS said...

Thanks so much for getting back with me so quickly! You're instuctions were perfect and it worked the first time I tried. Now I'll have to go experiment a little bit. =) Thanks again...I look forward to watching Merit get cuter and cuter (if that is even possible). She's too cute for words already. Take care and visit our blog when you have a chance. =)

Summer said...

Hi Sharon. I have been blog stalking you because I am interested in you designing a header for my blog. I am Kate Stover's sister, Jenny Thompson's cousin-in-law, and am friends with several of your friends including Kara Sheets and Lori Wallace (your sister-in-law right?) We've been friends since high school days! Love that girl. ANYWAY, I love your style and what you did with Kate's blog. Are you still dabbling in creative blogs? If not, no big deal, but if you are, leave me a comment and let me know what to do next.