Tuesday, October 14, 2008

an update...and an announcement!

I decided I should probably put something on here before it is time for Merit's 7 month post, which is next week. Next week?! Really? The time is flying by, and several things have kept me busy...thus the no blogging thing. 

  • First, my parents came to town last week. We had an excellent time, and they talked Merit and I into coming back to Texas with them! Kevan, the greatest husband ever, will drive down and get us next week. I left my camera card reader in Nashville, so no Merit pics this time...so sorry. I hope to go pick one up soon so I can post pics of Merit meeting my dad's cows for the first time. :)
  • Merit is officially crawling and pulling up and getting into anything she can. She is such a busy baby these days. And I love it.
  • I have been working hard to finish up all of the blogs of sweet people who let me practice on theirs, and I am excited to announce that I am getting my little business started! The name is Redbud Designs. I wanted to choose a name that was sentimental in some way and had something to do with Texas...shocking, I know. Redbud Park is the park in Abilene where Kevan and I first told each other we liked each other, and then 4 years later, it is where Kev proposed to me. That park is, essentially, where this little family got started, and since this business is for the benefit of that family, I think it is the perfect name. I have set up a blog for my design business, but keep in mind that it is still very much under construction! :) Feel free to check it out and add it to your links! It is redbuddesigns.blogspot.com. I should have it completely up and running very soon! 


post signature

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow! I am very impressed and proud. Have a wonderful time in Abilene. I wish I could be there with you. Maybe yall could swing by Colorado on your way back to Nashville :) I love you very much.

erin f. said...

Sharon that is awesome! I think that is a perfect thing for you to do. I am proud to be one of your experimental blog designs before you become famous!

campers said...

congrats!!!

Sarah P said...

Way to go, Sharon! Great idea. Love your logo. Very vintage and fun.

Kate said...

Congratulations Sharon! You're such a creative person. I'm glad you'll be able to use your gifts and get paid for it! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Merit and the cows!! Grammie

just a girl... said...

i am from texas found you at diddy and absolutely love your blog. You should come join my swapfest, diddy just did.

Also i have been looking for someone talented to help me update my blog. Please send me an email as I want you to do mine for sure. going over to check out your design blog now.