Thursday, September 18, 2008

mail call

Merit and I have been loving the mail lately. She recently received her first book from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. They send your baby a free, age-appropriate book EVERY month until the age of five, with the last book received being Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come. I was so excited to see that the first book was the original version of The Little Engine That Could. As soon as I opened it to read to Merit and saw the illustrations, memories came flooding back of reading this when I was little.  The teacher in me thinks it is so wonderful that Dolly is doing what she can to make reading an important and accessible part of every young child's life. 
Thanks, Dolly!


The same day, Merit also received her "Born to be a Wildcat" onesie from ACU. I had sent info to the ACU Today announcing Merit's birth, and I had no idea that they sent the onesie to you as a free gift. Well, I am sure that was factored into my tuition at some point. Oh, well.
Thanks anyway, ACU! 

And today, we received a huge envelope full of new clothes for Merit from her Aunt Erin! When I opened it, I just kept pulling cute things out...it was like a bottomless pit of baby clothes! That was sooooo very nice and is just as appreciated. Merit loves all of it (she is wearing one of the outfits in these pics), and I will love playing dress-up with my doll, I mean, baby.
Thanks, Erin!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is awesome, I have always liked Dolly Parton but I now like her even more. I just enrolled Laney in the program too! I can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Those clothes are so cute!! What a nice friend you have! Grammie

erin f. said...

I'm so glad that you got the package and like the clothes! She looks so cute in them!