Monday, November 5, 2007

well...

It all became a little more real today. We found out that...

It's

...
...

...
...


A

...
...

...
...


GIRL!!!!!!!!!

We were so glad to hear that our baby girl is healthy and doing well! She is measuring right where she should be, so my due date will stay at March 22nd for now. She is soooo cute (I love using "she"!) and was moving all over the place during the sonogram, arching her back and poking out her round belly, kicking, grabbing her legs with one hand, touching her nose with the other...most of these things at the same time. It was an AMAZING experience to feel her and see her move on the screen at the same time. The lady who did the sonogram kept saying things like, "This is a wild baby" and "Don't ever feed her sugar, EVER!" She acted surprised, like she doesn't always see babies who are that active. Kevan and I laughed through the whole thing, trying not to think about what this could mean for us when she is around 2 years old.

We do already have a name that we love...it will most likely be the one we stick with...but we are keeping it a surprise until the baby comes. I love being on this side of the secret. Speaking of secret names, my 2nd niece is due to arrive this coming Monday, and I am dying to meet her and know her name! (She may be on her way this week...please be praying and thinking about my brother Paul and sis-in-law Lori!) I can't wait for these girls to grow up together.

Introducing our hyper baby girl with the sweetest profile ever...



Touching her cute nose...




Little baby bum...is this blog-appropriate? :)



We can't wait to meet you, baby girl!


14 comments:

Kara said...

YAY!!!

SO glad to hear the SHE is healthy and doing well! Have fun keeping the name a secret. We loved doing that...even if it drove everyone crazy!

annalee said...

hip-hip-hooray! i am GIDDY beyond belief!!!

jaymie said...

YESSSS!!!!!!!! I am so happy you are having me a girlfriend. I know that she will be so pretty. I already have a crush on her after seeing that profile. My mom says she's happy too!
Love,
Kanyon

jackie said...

Congratulations! I pictured you guys with a girl first. Pink is fun!!

Cassie said...

Congrats, Sharon!! I voted "girl" so I'm SO proud:) She's going to be quite the cutie! I'm so excited for you.

Kelli said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! She is going to be so gorgeous! You are going to be a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Sugar and spice and everything nice!!! I'm so excited for ya'll! I've been checking your blog all day long waiting for your news! Congratulations.
Love, Mindi

Anonymous said...

We knew it was a girl! I always just pictured you with a girl! How excititng! McKinley will be thrilled. She thinks every baby born should AND WILL BE a girl! Congrats!
April

Kaylane said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Girls are the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Those sonogram pictures are so clear! usually when someone shows me one i pretend like i can tell where the baby is, but I can see little Albrighta with no problems.

hehe....yea!

*Courtney* said...

yeah for girls! you will be a great mommy to a girl. ;)

i guess we'll have to wait anxiously to find out her precious little name....

Jacquie said...

love the ultrasound pictures!

laura said...

i knew it! have so much fun drifting towards girl stuff at Target, Babies 'R Us, the mall and basically anywhere else girl stuff is sold! i went crazy buying dresses and pink stuff.

have fun dreaming about your GIRL!

Pops said...

Who??

When I read “Once I Ate a Pie”
With tears of joy I almost cried
A secret name, who will she be
The suspense is killing me
On the other hand, it might be fun
To wait until her life’s begun
And gaze into her precious eyes
While mom unveils the big surprise
And laugh a lot when our thoughts linger
About her dad wrapped ‘round her finger’
We know if she is like her mom
Then she will really be “the bomb”
Or like her daddy that’s great too
A “Little Rhino” through and through
And blended with a Godly love
Brought down from angels up above
A precious gift who will she be
The suspense is thrilling me……