Wednesday, November 14, 2007

i'm not a woman anymore, i'm a mom


21 weeks

I am loving dressing "pregnant", but I am finding that not all maternity clothes send me into a fashion frenzy. I have a few cute things thanks to my sweet mama on my last trip home. The maternity sections in any store that might happen to have pregnant "fashions", and have them affordably, take up the same square footage as your computer screen. What's a girl to do? I'd rather stretch, and I do mean stretch, my normal clothes as far as they can go for the time being. But... even though I haven't completely fallen for maternity wear quite yet, I have fully embraced the elastic-waisted maternity jean, aka "mom" jean.

I have decided they are the greatest and I might wear them forever. Who doesn't love a "grow with you" waist band? And, while we are on the subject, who doesn't love the following SNL commercial?



Are you kidding me?! A free vest with purchase? It's almost too much...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up girl! I feel your pain!!
Mindi

Cassie said...

I, too, LOVE maternity jeans--but do get so annoyed at the maternity selection. My problem is finding stores that actually have maternity. We don't have a maternity Gap here...which is NOT fun. And, you look GREAT! So cute.

Allison said...

just thought i would say that i read your blog and love it! you are so cute, and the video made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Okay Sharon,
I've got the solution! Since you are always lookin' so cute and hip, you should design a maternity line for those girls who never want to go into the "mom jeans" commercial!(I was cracking up!)
You get right on that, and I'll check back with you next time I'm pregnant!
April

annalee said...

ahh, the belly band of maternity pants is amazing. i fought it for months, and now i can't figure out why. i am nervous i will forget to zip my pants once i wear "real" ones again, since i have gotten so use to being a 5 year old again and just having to pull up elastic waistbands! it's def. one of the major perks of pregnancy:)
you look SO CUTE!!!

*Courtney* said...

Yay! Finally there's a belly! What a cute pregnant momma you are, Sharon!

The clothes aren't the most fashionable, but I do love the jeans. Also, I loved wearing Matt's t-shirts with my sweatpants around the house. :)