Monday, November 24, 2008

8 months?!

My Merit Fey,

You're not really 8 months old, are you? Time is going by almost as quickly as you are crawling these days! The past month started in Abilene. On your 7 month birthday, just after getting over your first cold, you got tonsilitis. It was incredibly sad and pitiful, but I loved how you wanted to be held all day. 

You have changed a lot over this past month and are learning something new constantly. Your daddy and I love your little personality. You talk to us...and to your toys...and to the TV...and to the mirror...like you are carrying on a conversation. You say "mama" and "dad-dee" (in the sweetest whisper voice on the "dee" part). When we say "Hiiiii", you'll imitate us in a long Texas drawl, and you always smile and raise your eyebrows as you do. You are so friendly (must be the Texan in you). Your new favorite noise to make is "ooOOOooh" like you are admiring whatever it is you are seeing. We'll be moving to another apartment soon, and when we went to see it, you said that cute little "ooOOOooh" in every new room we took you. 

(this video isn't all that exciting, but you can hear Merit's new fave sound towards the end...sorry about the tv noise...) 


You can stand really well now and will stand alone for a second or two. I love watching you explore your surroundings, and you love seeing everything from a new level. 

Since before you were born, I have been praying that you are blessed with good friends your age to "grow up" with wherever we may be along the way. Here are a couple of answers to my prayers... 

you and Audrey grabbing some good Mexican food on your first Halloween

you and Lily playing in your pj's
I can already tell you want to be like your daddy. You have a toy guitar that you absolutely adore, and one of your favorite things to do lately is reach up and strum the strings on your Daddy's guitar. (This is usually followed by a "Mer Merrrrrr, that's a no-no" from me or your Daddy.)

I think he wants to be like you, too.

Speaking of your Daddy, he has the magic touch when it comes to putting you to sleep these days. I will rock you and sing to you and drive you around in the car all day to get you to take a nap. It only takes being with your Daddy for a few minutes and you are peacefully asleep. I don't know how he does it.

Our 8 month photo shoot didn't go so well. You are way too busy to take time to sit still in a chair. This was the best I was able to get this time...Hmmm. I mean, I love it because you are in it, but I am glad I was able to get some more pics this month that have become some of my favorites.





Happy 8 months, Mer Mer! 
I love you, I love you, I love you!
~your mama

post signature

9 comments:

Cassie said...

I love all of your pictures of sweet Merit! Happy 8th month!!

erin f. said...

Sharon - I love it that you do a month by month blog dedication to Merit. It makes me feel like I am getting to watch her grow up! What did we do before digital cameras and blogs? I also love the fall pictures - I love them all! And the oooOOOooo might be the cutest thing I have ever heard in my life. Merit, hands down, makes the cutest baby noises I have ever heard. I love her!

Life as a Spencer! said...

The leaves pictures are beautiful! It is such a joy to get to watch her grow up, I am glad we got back in touch so I not only have a cute blog but get to watch your cutie!

Lindsey said...

Yea!!! 8 months! They grow up so fast! Laney is now crawling and into everything! I can't wait to see what's in store next.

BTW....do you like the Leap Frog table? We are looking to get that for Laney for Christmas and I wanted to see what you thought of it. It is between that or the Fisher Price table.

Sarah P said...

YAY! 8 months, wow. She is beautiful. I LOVE the picture of you holding her in the leaves. You two are so good at taking artistic photos.
ps-what camera are you using??

Jennifer W said...

That's the cutest noise I've heard since Avelyn went to sleep 3 hours ago. But she also whined a lot today so it may be the cutest noise I've heard all day. :)

Kyla said...

It really does seem impossible that Merit is already 8 months old, AND that I am getting close to having a 2 year old!! Merit truly is soooo unbelievably cute. I wanted that video to keep going so I could hear her talk some more. I need to call you and catch up. I didn't know that ya'll are going to be moving soon!

Katelyn said...

Sharon, she is getting so big! She is beautiful and seems as though she really has the best personality. Happy 8 months Merit!

Jennifer W said...

You'll give my award a bad name if you don't post anything new until Merit's nine month post.