Thursday, November 20, 2008

four years...

November 20, 2004...where this whole thing began.


celebrating a wedding!
honeymoon in Cozumel, Mexico


Our first year took us to Africa...
and moved us to Tennessee.
For our 1st anniversary we went to Gatlinburg, TN. While sitting in the hot tub on this deck, a black bear came walking up the stairs to the deck. (My hero Kev scared it away by making a lot of noise...I sunk down into the water...) Hands down, one of the most frightening moments of my life.
We tried a little bit of our year-old wedding cake.
Kevan is in this picture somewhere... :)
Our second year was full of teaching...
and Belmont-ing.
11.20.06
For our second anniversary, Kev took me to Atlanta and surprised me with tickets to see JAMES TAYLOR!
The main events of our third year are summed up in the following photo:
For our third anniversary, we stayed in a fun hotel here in Nashville...
and Kev got me tickets to see my all-time favorite band, NICKEL CREEK. We got to go their final two shows, two nights in a row, here in Nashville at the Ryman. (They are now on a "break" of indefinite length...) For their last show, we were on the front row. Yes, I do have the greatest husband ever.


Oh, I have loved our fourth year... 
We took a trip to Chicago--our last big trip as non-parents.


I got bigger.
And then 2 days after the picture above was taken, we welcomed Miss Merit Fey. This was our last family pic with just the 2 of us.

I love my new family.
So now we find ourselves here on November 20th, 2008. Married four years, with a precious baby. No trips to the mountains or big cities planned as celebration. We have no tickets to cool concerts or dinner reservations. 

But I have a feeling this may be the best anniversary yet.

Kev, I love you and Merit so very much. We have so much to celebrate and be thankful for today it is overwhelming. Happy 4th Anniversary! I wonder what this year will bring?? Whatever it may be, I am excited and honored to experience it with you...

post signature

14 comments:

annalee said...

happy anniversary! what a wonderful 4 years it has already been.

Cassie said...

Awww...Happy Anniversary! Congrats to you and thanks for sharing a recap of your first four!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you and can't wait to see you next week.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! WOW, four years. I can't believe it. We love you soooo much! Thank you for Merit too, by the way. Love you, Mama

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary! So fun! I love the recap, y'all do so much fun stuff!

Courtney said...

A wonderful husband, adorable baby and a happy marriage are better than a vacation or tickets any day. These things will last much longer than a night or weekend. Congratulations to you guys!!

erin f. said...

Happy Anniversary (yesterday!) I hope it was your best ever with many more to come! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Cute trip down memory lane. Love the blog! Happy anniversary!

Sarah P said...

YAY! Happy anniversary! Glad you blogged! I was missing knowing what was happening with your sweet little family.

amy said...

your words are always so beautiful! happy anniversary to you two!!

Anonymous said...

Sharon - Oh my goodness I can't believe it has been 4 years already!! I have been wanting to call you and catch up. But it seems to me that when I got a new phone all my important people's numbers did not transfer over. Call me when you have a few minutes so we can catch up. Also, i have been thinking about and praying so much lately for your family. I love you and wish I was sitting in the same room with you right now playing with Mer-Mer and talking. Love you!

Katie

KimM said...

James Taylor has one of the softest, most calming voices. I always had this funny daydream in my head about one of his concerts like he'd put the entire crowd of thousands to sleep and he'd tip toe off stage like a mother walking out of a sleeping child's room. Okay...so maybe it isn't as funny typing it out but believe me - what a laugh in my head! I'm sure it was nothing like this for you.

*Courtney* said...

Oh, happy 4 years! I love all the fun things y'all did. Did I ever tell you that Matt and I got engaged that night after we left your wedding? Well, we did, so Nov. 20th sticks out in my mind too. :)

Shiloh said...

That post was great! It is so fun and special to look back on all the changes and memories. I hope the anniversary was wonderful!