Wednesday, December 10, 2008

whelmed

Girl 1: I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?   

Girl 2: I think you can in Europe.

-10 Things I Hate About You


Overwhelmed would be the term I would use to best describe myself at the moment. We just moved into a new apartment, which is a good thing, but the boxes are never-ending. I have been very busy with Christmas card orders over at Redbud, which, again, is a very good thing, but our computer just broke. I would love to update the blog with something substantial and catch up on all the things I have neglected to post in the last couple months (2 weeks in Abilene...getting to see and try on my GREAT-GREAT-grandmother's wedding dress!...a Texas Thanksgiving...the move from Merit's first home...ummmm I think more than that has happened in the last 2 months, but remember? I'm overwhelmed at the moment. and. can't. think.). So, hang in there, Nina and Grammie. Maybe I'll get it together before Merit turns 9 months old...

post signature

5 comments:

erin f. said...

I'm sorry you are whelmed!

You will get it together, I am sorry about your computer, I wish I lived there and I would lend you mine.

Shiloh said...

I definitely get the overwhelmed thing - been feeling it myself. This is my new motto - "whatever happens, I will be ok".

Jennifer W said...

Love the new layout! It's that time of year to be whelmed I guess. Hope you get relief soon!

Anonymous said...

Relief is on the way. I'm coming. I'll help. I'm bringing my computer too. I love you so much! Try not to be whelmed. Love, Mama

Kyla said...

Sharon, I understand the complete stress that moving alone brings with it. Jada once told me when we were in the middle of a move, "remember, this feeling is just temporary." So, now I'm telling you...the 'whelmed' feeling will go away...at some point! :)