Friday, January 4, 2008

it (was) the most wonderful time of the year

Well, my favorite holiday has come and gone. Every year, I think I am sure to go into depression on December 26th, but I always seem to make it through. It made it easier this year to be home in Texas as "A Christmas Story" marathon ended, the Christmas lights burned out, and the continuous Christmas music on all "mix", Delilah-worthy radio stations turned back into the usual Journey and Michael Bolton. 

I had a great break, and here are (maybe too many) pictures proving why:

We stopped in Jackson on the way to Texas.
Kevan's Grandma Albright... she has only grandsons and great-grandsons. She is excited about the great-grandDAUGHTER!
Some of the previously-mentioned great-granddaughter's first Christmas presents.
Christmas in Abilene!
getting a little crowded...


We got Macy some way-cool kicks. I think she liked them, but as she opened them, she did say, "Where's the toy part?" :)
Look familiar? (See xmas tree post below.) Matt and Nikki found and gave me an ornament like our first one that we lost! Such a great and completely thoughtful gift!
Bumps are the new black.









Oh, Zoey. We all spent plenty of time staring at and cuddling the cutie.

















Our baby girl also got lots of hugs and kisses from her cousins.

Szechuan has always been a favorite for my family, but it has been closed for a couple of years. The doors of their new building re-opened on Thursday, so of course, we went that day. They even gave us the "party room." Thanks, Szechuan!


Mom made her amazingly amazing cinnamon rolls, with Macy's help. I meant to take a picture of the finished product, but somehow I was distracted when they came out of the oven.

Some of my most favorite girls in the world....
my mama and nieces.


Back in Nashville, we celebrated New Year's Eve with the Albrights at the Music City Bowl game. My prediction was FSU 28-Kentucky 27. Kev's prediction was Kentucky 35-FSU some score that was less. It ended up Kentucky 35- FSU 28, so Kev and I were both right, in a way. I told him that is why we are married.


Here is my oh, so easy on the eyes husband on New Year's day eating his black-eyed peas and contemplating what (and who!) 2008 will bring.
2008 already brought us a new stroller and car seat thanks to Kevan's parents!! Thanks, Steve and Janice! Of course, I let Lola try it out first. I think we all know her attention-filled days are nearing their end.


If you're still reading, you are either related to me, or, well, I'm not sure. 
Guess it is time to face reality and take the tree down...

8 comments:

Cassie said...

1. You're adorable pregnant. How do you make it look so good??

2. We have the same stroller/car seat as you. I LOVE it! Aren't the colors great??

lhall said...

your stalker...that's the answer to who else might still be reading...also, ironically, the answer to who i am.

you're adorable. miss you!

annalee said...

sha sha
+
pregnancy
+
christmastime
=
too cute!

i'm so glad you got lots of wonderful family time and celebrating in. less than a year before it will be here again!

ps- one more reason we are soul sistas- i too listen to delilah and all it's cheeziness religiously over the holidays

Kara said...

i, too, love delilah. she knows how to play the right music at the right time!

as always, your belly is looking oh so cute!

Laura Webb said...

I am not stalking or related, but I am responsible for the bump, so I feel involved!! And quit wearing cute tops from target..I have 2 of those and now I can wear them because of cute pregger girls like you...loved the pics!!

Jacquie said...

Praise God (seriously) that Szechuan is reopened! I can't wait to take a trip to A-Town!

Katelyn said...

Where on earth do you get your clothes? You always look adorable. A friend of mine just found out they were pregnant and wants to look cute. If you could enlighten me I am sure she would be thankful!

Chels said...

I kept reading and loved every minute of it! I'm so proud of you, excited for you, somewhat jealous of you but more just happy to be by your side and not in your shoes so thrilled for you guys! love you so much