Wednesday, April 21, 2010

miss (mis) v. - to regret the absence or loss of

Today my dad sent me an email with some pictures of our land in Texas...

...covered in BLUEBONNETS.

my dad's dog Bo soaking up the goodness that is Texas in spring
 
I have been missing Texas lately anyway, but these pictures make me ache for it. Hopefully, I will be making my way there in the next month or so. I miss West Texas and all of the lovely people whom I love that live there.

My dad also reminded me that today would have been my FayFay's 95th birthday. (She would have shared her birthday with her identical twin sister, May. They were adorable and dressed alike even throughout their adulthood.) She is one of the grandmothers whom Merit FEY was named after. The beautiful land pictured above belonged to her family - she was born and grew up nearby.

Fay Fay passed away when I was 6. I do remember her, but, of course, not as well as I would like. I remember her sweet spirit. I remember the drawer in her kitchen dedicated solely to coloring books. I remember the Fruit Loops and red bucket vanilla ice cream that always awaited us at their house in Brownwood, Texas. I miss her - I have missed her for most of my life, but am grateful for the 6 years I did have with her. 

Happy Birthday, FayFay. I still love you so much!

one of my favorite pictures of all time - FayFay and I in 1986
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet post Sharon. It looks like she loved you right back.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me above! Janice

erin f. said...

Always know that I missing Texas right along with you! Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I wish we would've gotten more time with her too! It's funny how some of your memories are the same ones as mine....she knew what her granddaughters loved...fruitloops and icecream!