Tuesday, April 20, 2010

fall cReek fallS - 1St family camping tRip

We have never taken a trip just the 3 of us that wasn't to go see family. Now, going to see family is of course one of my favorite kinds of trips, but we really enjoyed this little getaway...our first camping trip, and really, our first family trip. We had planned on going to Chattanooga for a day, then head to Fall Creek Falls for the other two.

We only had one little setback on the way to Chattanooga...

which led to having to spend some time here...

but, with the help of John Denver (it was a roadtrip after all) and some cute in-car entertainment, we didn't let that get us down.
Merit LOVES the guitar - or as she calls it, the "tee-tar" - and she will strum on anything when she gets the urge to play. :)


We didn't get to spend as much time in Chattanooga as we had hoped, but hopefully we can go back soon. We headed to Fall Creek Falls the next morning and found the perfect campsite. We had to wait a bit for some others to move out of our site, so we again, found ways to entertain ourselves in the car.

Setting up the tent... Merit was ex-cited. Kev worked hard, and I was a big help by taking pictures.

Merit's first nap outside. It was SO peaceful there.

After Merit's nap, we headed out on our first hike to see the main waterfall. She loved this as well. I wasn't sure how she would do, but she walked the majority of the time. We heard lots of "I did it!"s and "I made it!"s on our way to see the "wahr-fall."

We were able to hike down to the bottom of the fall, and it was beautiful.

We never got a good family pic, although I did try when we were sitting at the bottom of the falls.

strike 1

strike 2

But at least we got one of Kev with one of our girls, and me with the other.

That evening back at our campsite, Kev built an awesome campfire and we roasted hot dogs and s'mores. Yumm.

After a very cold night spent on a deflated air mattress, we went out for another hike to see more pretty things. We went on a suspension bridge that was probably not as scary as I made it out to be...especially since our two-year-old wasn't even phased by it.

pretty streams and another pretty waterfall

We had SO much fun. I loved getting away just the 3 of us, and I can't wait to go again, especially since Merit loved it so much.

Thank you, Lord, for my little family.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

This looks like such a great trip! I love camping... I can't wait to bring Kennedie on her first camping trip.

*Courtney* said...

What fun! You are such a great photographer too. :)

erin f. said...

Sweet pictures and sweet family! I love Fall Creek Falls! Kasey and I drove up there when I lived in Nashville one day, it was so fun and absolutely gorgeous.

Jennifer W said...

Gorgeous. Looks like you guys had an amazing time. Almost made me want to go camping. Almost. :)

jaymie said...

take me next time!!!!! :)

Jen said...

Ok, you've inspired me to take a trip there soon! I love FCF!

Such great photos and great memories.

Chels said...

Awesome, sharon. Love that you're enjoying those fun nashville things! Love you

KimM said...

You get the "you GO GIRL" award of the year: 6 months pregnant and sleeping in a tent!!!

Looks like y'all had lots of fun. Merit is squeezable!

Kyla said...

How fun!! I love the video of Merit playing her sippy cup like a guitar. She even knows how to make the right facial expressions! I love all the camping trip pictures. You are looking so cute with your little belly!! I wish I could see you so bad. I would love to go on a little camping trip with my family. We need to get us a tent though. :)