Thursday, April 8, 2010

catching up - merit's actual birthday

We had such a fun time on Merit's birthday. It was my parents' last day in town, so Merit enjoyed all the spoiling that went on throughout the day. :) We were all sad to see them go the next day!

We started out the day with her present from us - a pink dollhouse. I love She loves playing with it!

She then put on a fun birthday outfit (thanks to Nina and PaPa), struck her new fave pose...

...and we went to get donuts!

Since it was cold and rainy (boo), we then went to the mall for a bit, and Merit got to do, well, anything her little heart desired.

play at the playground...

ride the carousel (at the exact time she was born two years ago)...

...and PaPa rented her one of those car/stroller things. Definitely not something we normally do at the mall. She was ecstatic. And chose the pink one.

She then spotted the Easter bunny. We didn't get the professional pic, so Kev hung back and took pics of our own. Merit LOVED this bunny, told him all about it being her birthday, and then wouldn't get off his lap. ("Hi, Bunny!! I wanna sit lap!")

We then headed home, took a quick nap, and then headed off to see if baby was a brother or a sister!

SISTER!!

PaPa had taken Merit to get some ice cream while the rest of us were at the ultrasound. Here we are telling Merit that she was going to have a little sister. As you can tell, Merit wasn't all that impressed, but my dad was pretty excited...he was the only one out of all of us there that had predicted girl!


That night we got Chuy's to-go (yum), and Merit heard the birthday song and blew out her candles for the second and last time on her second birthday.

Everything about her birthday this year was so fun. If she doesn't remember it, I will just remember it for her. She certainly hasn't forgotten yet. She often talks about her birthday ("I had bir-day. I had cake. I two."), and she thought Easter was her birthday again. Can't wait for birthday #3, baby girl!

Let the planning begin...

6 comments:

Cassie said...

I love your parents.

Unknown said...

Oh, how I love 2. It's the cutest age. And I'm pretty jealous of that doll house. I may have to come over soon to play with it.

Kyla said...

Merit is adorable. I wish I could hear her talk! Again, so excited that she's going to have a little sister. :) Ava loves her new doll house and asked me if she could play with it with Merit. I wish!!

Anonymous said...

I loved your Dad's yippeees! Just the way I feel! Loved all the pictures. Grammie

erin f. said...

Oh my goodness, that video is too much! She is so nonchalant. She's adorable Sharon, I wish I could have a little conversation with her, I love two year olds...so cute and funny.

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Sharon, the pictures from the party are amazing! I wouldn't expect anything less from an artsy type like yourself! She is precious! Congratulations on having another girl!