Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Facts, A Haiku
twenty-five today
so much left ahead of you
you are very loved

Whenever I need to wrap a present for Kevan, I always use blank wrapping paper and then decorate it with pictures and words to fit the occasion. Yesterday for his birthday, I wrote the haiku above on one of his presents. It was preceded with "Facts, A Poem" and followed by "Facts, A Rap", but the haiku was his favorite, so I'll spare you the other two. Yesterday I wasn't able to do as much for him or get him as many presents as I thought he deserved. Having just come back from our Texas trip, I didn't get to make him a cake, so I had to put his candles in the chicken salad that he requested for dinner. 

Above anything, I just wanted Kevan to know that I love him and am proud of him.  I've known Kevan since he was 11, and as much of a privilege as it was to grow up with him, I am honored to witness what I am these days.  We moved out to Nashville to follow his dreams and for him to better develop his musical talents, both of which are HAPPENING. 


Just recently I've seen him transform into Merit's daddy. It is by far his best role yet.


 Kev, the past 25 years have shaped you into an amazing man, and I have full faith that the best is yet to come. Happy Birthday. I love you!!

2 comments:

erin f. said...

I always knew there would come a time where Kevan being a year younger than us would make me jealous and that time is now! I want to be 25 again! 26 is way way too old. Happy B-day K-dog.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, best son-in-law in the world. Just think, you ARE the BEST!!! Wow, I hope you had a great day. Knowing my daughter, I know you did. She just happens to be the best daughter in the world, too. I love you three. Mama