Monday, May 12, 2008

mama's day

I had grand intentions of taking a fun picture to put on the blog for Merit's grandmothers on Mother's Day. The photo session started out okay, got kind of crazy in the middle, and by the end, Merit's dress was soaked, and I think she was mad the whole thing ever happened. Do you think she may be growing tired of me and my camera? Too bad, so sad, sister! 

Regardless, Nina and Gram (? Grams? JanJan? Janny?), Merit loves you both sooo much, and we do, too! Hope your Mother's Day was as fun as you deserved it to be.

My first Mother's Day was great. It was very surreal that I was actually getting to celebrate. I still cannot believe God has blessed me with this precious baby. I did not a thing to deserve her. I could go on and on about how I feel about being her mama, but it is all really very simple...she makes me happy in the truest sense and fulfills a desire I've had for as long as I can remember. If you'd like, revisit this post.  I wrote it when I was 9 weeks pregnant with Merit, and even though I had no idea just how great this motherhood thing was going to be, it will give you an idea how I felt even then about becoming a mother. What a humbling challenge, responsibility, and privilege to be Merit's mama. I received many great gifts for Mother's day which I loved dearly, but it is gift enough just to hold that title!


5 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

Happy First Mother's Day! You look great, by the way! So tiny after JUST having that little girl! ... Question...are you using a digital scrapbooking program? What is it? It's so cute! :)

Kaylane said...

Happy First Mother's Day Sharon!!! Your pictures are precious!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love the card and I love your precious family! Thank you for making my Mother's Day and Steve's birthday special! I miss that little Merit. I've been thinking about her all day! Love, Grams?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had an amazing first Mothers Day. I don't think I am going to be able to make it to your shower in Abilene. I have a wedding in Dallas that night :( But I would still love to see you while you are here. What dates are you going to be here. I want to get Miss Merit something too!!

erin f. said...

I need some more Merit pictures! I can't get enough of her. I am glad you had such a good Mother's Day...Kevan is a sweet husband to do all of that for you. And you do, of course look adorable and tiny after just having a baby!