Saturday, April 12, 2008

thanks, mamas!

We were blessed to have my mom, Merit's Nina, with us for several days after coming home from the hospital, and Kevan's mom, Merit's grandmother whose grandmother name is yet to be determined, with us for several days after my mom left. They were both a HUGE, ginormous, gargantuan, fantastic help. We cannot thank them enough for not only loving on our daughter like only her grandmothers can, but also for taking care of things around the house so that we could spend as much time as possible getting to know our sweet daughter. They also took care of me so well that my recovery from the surgery was a breeze. Thank you, Mama and Janice, for all you did for Merit and for us. We are so grateful that you two were able to witness Merit's first days with us. We love you!!



5 comments:

*Courtney* said...

those moms are just the best! i had lots of help settling in from my mom & mil too; it does make a major difference. they're great!

Unknown said...

Hi!! Congratulations on sweet baby Merit!! She is so so so adorable. I think it's time for a new header now that she has arrived! {for free, of course!} Email me pics and colors and such at fabulouskdesigns at gmail dot com

:) Kelly

Michelle said...

sharon, merit is just precious! and i honestly can't get over how wonderful you look. you're doing such a good job! and i bet those mamas are wishing they lived closer!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words Sharon. I love Merit. I've been thinking for a week I need to hold her again. I miss her! I'm starting to lean towards Gram or Grams. At least this week!

I love you,
Janice

Stacia said...

I've been out of town and didn't have much time to comment but I love all your recent posts! Merit is growing beautifully! I loved seeing all her little "firsts" Granmas are the best...I don't know what my kids would do without theirs. (Papa's too)