Thursday, April 17, 2008

: )

Kevan and I laugh at each other all the time. He's funny. And I try. I try really hard to make him smile because he has the most delightful dimples. And sometimes, he smiles this really great smile that I've only seen during times like when he proposed to me and when Merit was born and when I actually cook him dinner. It is the smile that gives me butterflies when I see it. Did I mention that Kev has these great dimples? Dimples that I beg to see and will make him say a certain word over and over or make a face again and again if I get to take a peek at them. Oh, this is not where I had intended this to go. This blog isn't about us anymore, is it? 

For the past 20 days of our lives, we have been giving it our all to get Merit to smile. She has given us a few...most of which are given while asleep. Hmm. Sweet dreams? If she happens to be awake, I tell her jokes and tickle her tummy and kiss her face and make all sorts of cartoon-voiced, silly noises and...

I'll get this look...
Photobucket

or this...
Photobucket

and sometimes, this...
Photobucket

...but today, I got this! 
Photobucket
All I had to do was clap my hands while telling her she was cute! 

So, of course, I did this over and over, but we were back to this...
Photobucket
Merit was like, sooo over it.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Now, an effort to make YOU smile...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

18 comments:

Michelle said...

oh my goodness, she is gorgeous! it won't be long till she's laughing, then theres not limit to how many voices, faces, and dances you'll do. i love those times!

i can't imagine you being so far away from home, i hate the 3 1/2 hours! you are one strong lady! :)

*Courtney* said...

it worked. i smiled. she's just precious, sharon. :)

Anonymous said...

Totally incredible! Merit, Kevan, and YOU! I want to hold my baby girl Merit. Sharon, you are just totally amazing. Writer, photographer, and what a mother! I love you so much. I love you too for loving your husband and daughter so very much. I AM PROUD! MAMA

Stacia said...

Very precious pictures and you got the first smile on camera! That's awesome!! I love her little outfits they are so cute :-)

Kara said...

you will have so much fun watching her learn to smile, and laugh, and giggle! do you think she will have kevan's dimples?! i love her yellow dress and silver shoes. those are some of the things i missed out by having boys...

Katelyn said...

Sharon, her little outfit and shoes are so stinking adorable. She has the biggest, prettiest eyes! I am so happy for you!

Leigh Ann said...

That baby girl is PRECIOUS! And those pictures are amazing. I bet you are a wonderful mama:)
Love you!

Kaylane said...

Waiting for the first smile is the worst....but it is soooo great after that!! :)

erin f. said...

I can't decide who she looks like! She is a perfect combination of both of you. Babies are just the best thing in the world.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Okay. I want one.

ThePoeFam said...

What a fun post! She is so sweet and girly! I love that yellow dress so much! Even though I'm madly in love with my baby boy, I tell the Lord often that I HAVE to have a girl one day! She makes me even more sure of that! :)

erin f. said...

All is brighter at the Albrights...how did you get such a cute blog???!!! I want mine to be that cute.

Jacquie said...

precious smiles! I love, love, love the new header!

Kyla said...

I love your new blog title and background!! So you...
These pictures are also just too cute. I keep looking at them and I laugh every time at the one of her with her eyes bugging out. You can make that exact same face! I just think she looks like a miniature Sharon, with just a little pinch of Kevan thrown in there too, of course.

Sarah P said...

Those are some sassy shoes!

Anonymous said...

Sharon-
I am so glad I found your blog..I have spent all day trying to catch up on yours...it's hard to read so much with a 4 month old. Merit is beautiful and I bet you are loving every minute of it!

Unknown said...

I love her sweet pics. Can't wait to hold my niece. Love you!

erin f. said...

How do I get to that girl kelly's blog who did yours? I know you said her name was Kelly, but I wasn't sure how to find her blog...gracias.