Tuesday, April 29, 2008

lola and the trip


"What is a baby anyway? I must find out today what makes Jim Dear and Darling act this way..."
   ~Lady, Lady and the Tramp

Merit's Uncle Tanner came to Tennessee this weekend, so we headed to Jackson for Merit's first trip! Not only did she get to hang out with Tanner and grandparents, but she got to meet her pug Lola for the first time. I was nervous about this...Lola is a sweet pug, but she's a crazy pug. She LOVES people, but we didn't know how she would do with a little person. Turns out, Merit is Lola's new favorite person. She was extremely calm with Merit and wanted to be close to her at all times. I think she just might feel like all of us do about Miss Merit.



excited to head out of town...
Photobucket

...despite this.
Photobucket

Merit, Lola. Lola, Merit.
Photobucket

everywhere that Merit went...
Photobucket

Merit went...
Photobucket

Merit went...
Photobucket

everywhere that Merit went...
Photobucket

that pug...
Photobucket

...was sure to go.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Biddy said...

awwwww sweet lola! i'm glad they are new best friends! of course, how could lola NOT be crazy about that beautiful baby girl!?

Cassie said...

I was worried about that with our dog, too...but she did great! I'm so glad to hear the Lola and Merit are going to be the best of friends:)

Hope all is going wonderfully with the Albrights!

Kara said...

sounds like a fun first trip! i'm glad lola was accepting of Merit!

Jen said...

WAY too CUTE!!! Love that! So glad they finally got to meet.

Ashley said...

that is so precious!!

Laura Webb said...

I don't even need to comment...I love babies, I love pugs...enough said!!!

annalee said...

oh what adorable good buddies!

Stacia said...

The last pic was my favorite... Animals just know when that little person belongs in their family!! Too cute!!

ThePoeFam said...

I LOVE IT! Our dogs are just the same with little Q...they have to be there when he goes to sleep and when he wakes up! What a sweet little friendship! :)

Lauren said...

I found your blog through a friend of a friend of my sister (did you catch that?) and LOVE this post! Merit is absolutely ADORABLE...and Lola is, too! :)