Friday, March 11, 2011

wallace family christmas, day one

Almost a month ago, we finally got to celebrate Christmas with my family in Abilene. It was a fun few days, although my nieces Macy and Zoey were sick for 2 of the 3 days we were there. So sad. I took, oh, a couple hundred pictures, so I'll have to split up the blog posts into days. Here's day one...

We drove through the night to get there, and arrived in Abilene about 8am Thursday morning. It was tough staying awake, but Merit and August both slept really well all night, so it allowed us to only stop for gas. Once we got to Abilene, I was BEYOND ready to be out of the car and meet my newest nephew KAI! It didn't even seem real that it was actually going to happen. Matt, Nikki, and Kai were all still asleep when we got there, but I spied this little scene while we were waiting for them to wake up - proof that he was in fact there! :)


Once they woke up, it was SO FUN getting to meet Kai and also introduce August to Matt and Nikki. (I am embarrassed to say that it had been A WHOLE YEAR since we last saw them.) I cannot even explain what it was like to finally see Kai in person and hold him in my arms!


The rest of the day was spent playing (I couldn't stop taking pictures of the cuteness that is Kai and August), enjoying the warm Texas weather, eating Mama's yummy food, and ended with a walk around the neighborhood. A great start to a great weekend!


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sharon! What beautiful, beautiful babies. I need to babysit them both. NOW, please! The youngest grandchild in our family is now four and definitely no longer a baby. And my youngest daughter is turning 28, so when I say I NEED to babysit, I mean, I really, really NEED TO BABYSIT!

Love the shoe picture, too!

annalee said...

oh what joy!! precious pictures of your time together.