Tuesday, March 15, 2011

merit's first ballet class!

OH my goodness. Merit and I both loved every second of her first ballet and tap class yesterday. I can't even put into words the cuteness that went on, so I'll let the pictures and video do most of the talking. 

In the car I asked her to show me how excited she was and I got this:

She loved holding her bag with her ballet "swippers" and tap shoes inside.


Her bff Audrey is taking the class with her. Together, the cuteness was just over the top.


Class started with some stretching.


In this video, Ms. Jessie announces that it's almost time to dance. Merit heard "dance" and then had little interest in staying in the circle. Something we'll work on for next class, I guess. :)

They danced with tiaras on for a little while.



Then they took turns showcasing their skills.

 

Ms. Jessie wrapped up ballet and declared it tap time!

Penny and I just kept looking at each other in disbelief at the cuteness taking place in front of us. I'm really not exaggerating when I say that it may have been one of the favorite hours of my life. I was SO proud of Merit and was so happy because she was so happy. She may have been off in her own little world a time or two, but overall, she did a great job listening to Ms. Jessie and she gave it her all!

I have a feeling Ms. Jessie is well on her way to becoming one of Merit's favorite people.


Merit's face is blurry in this pic, but I had to document how proud I was of my girl!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my I loved that! It just made me happy and giddy! I love her! Grammie

jaymie said...

My day has been made!

Sarah P said...

There isn't a word for how cute that was. Oh! So cute!

Jen said...

Oh! I can't take it. Cutest pics ever.

erin f. said...

This is amazingly cute. I have always said I didn't want ellie to do ballet, I think I was smoking something. I am now completely convinced that she must do it and doesn't get a choice! Adorable.

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

This made me want to have a little girl worse than EVER. Precious, precious little girls-I'm so glad she gets to go with her best friend! How fun!!

mama nina said...

Absolutely adorable! What a fun day for all of y'all. That was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Thank you!!!!!! Love you, mama

Jessica said...

How super fun & super sweet & super cute!!!! LOVE it!