Friday, March 18, 2011

7 months!

Dear August Rose, 


Happy 7 months, baby girl! The months are just flying by, aren't they?



This past month you got a little bigger. A little sweeter.



At six and a half months, you weighed 18 pounds (87%) and were 27 inches long (83%). We're so thankful for another healthy baby girl.


I feel like you are getting so big, but it helps this time around to have an older baby girl to remind me just how little you still are.



I'm pretty certain that your daddy is your favorite person in the world. He makes you soooo happy. You make a "da" and a "de" sound a lot, and I don't think it's coincidence that you often say these when you see him. Here you are visiting him at work one day.


We also hear "a-da!", "ga!", "n-da!", and one of my faves, "au-gie!" allll day long. You are loving that voice of yours.


Some of your firsts this past month included...

your first Valentine's day

All kinds of baby food - you have a sweet tooth like the rest of us, so your faves are sweet potatoes and any fruit.

Riding in the grocery cart like a big girl makes you so very happy. You'd think you were at a carnival or something.

I finally got brave enough to leave you in the church nursery. Your sister was 9 months old when I first took her, so that's progress! Of course, you did great.

And you met your Uncle Matt, Aunt Nik-Nik, and cousin Kai for the first time (during what I think was your 4th trip to Texas).

When I was taking your chair pics, you surprised me by pushing up on the arm of the chair all by yourself!

We just love you so much, Augs. 


You are learning so much it makes me wonder what all I'll be reporting about you next month. I'm thinking that crawling might not be too far away. And maybe you can work some "mama" sounds into your vocabulary?


The more I get to know you, the more I love each and every bit of you.
Thank you, Lord, for this precious baby. 

Happy 7 Months, August!

much love,
your mama

1 comment:

erin f. said...

She's precious Sharon, I know I tell you all the time, but she really is - they both are. 6 months to a year is my all time favorite stage.