Thursday, January 22, 2009

mer-mer! happy 10 months!

Little Merit Fey,
This past month has gone by quicker than any have, I believe. You are constantly changing, and I am trying my best to soak it all in. This past month you had your first Christmas. We had so much fun sharing it with you. Santa brought you a baby that you kissed and kissed when you first saw her...which made my day for sure.
We spent New Year's Eve with our friends, the Harrisons. You, Audrey, and Ava kept each other going, playing all the way until midnight.
Just this week, history was made at the inauguration of President Obama. You played and then napped while we watched the festivities on the internet because our rabbit ears weren't quite doing their job.
Girl, you've got skills.

You have now added "uh-oh" to your little vocabulary, and you actually use it correctly (except for maybe when you say it BEFORE you drop something). On the day we did our Christmas, it suddenly clicked for you that when you wave, you should say "hi" at the same time. You are constantly making friends and strangers alike smile when you greet them this way. The other day a waitress brought you some apples because you had said hello to her, and she said that usually, babies don't pay her any attention. I love your sweet heart.

You are getting better and better at walking along the furniture. Here you are doing just that after you had escaped a diaper changing. Sorry, baby girl, I know that when you are old enough to read this, you will most likely give me an eye roll or two for including this pic, but I just couldn't help it, k?
I can't believe you will soon be a year old. I think back to your tiny baby days, and although I do miss them dearly, I am excited to keep learning life with you.







So, Happy 10 Months, Merit Fey. Your daddy and I are crazy about you. And don't you forget it.
love,
your mama


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 10 months, little sweet Mer-Mer
I love you so much!!!! I love your sweet mama and daddy too. I need to hold you! Love you, Nina

Anonymous said...

Oh I enjoyed the pictures! I smiled, laughed and got a little teary too! I miss ya'll! Like Nina I need to hold Merit!! Love, Grammie

Sarah P said...

Brooks screamed and then napped through the inauguration. How fun for them though to have been alive for such history.
Merit is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to get some of our own adorable toddling cheek pictures! (Actually, I CAN wait for him to be that mobile...our world will forever change!)

Anonymous said...

Happy 10 months Merit! You are the cutest...and the best hat-wearer! Seriously, so cute. Kasey