Friday, March 21, 2008

due date eve

Well, here I am, two hours away from a date in March that I have been repeating to inquiring friends and strangers and counting down to since July 21st. It is exciting that the day is here, while also a bit frustrating that the baby, well...isn't. Today I needed to keep busy (tomorrow I'll have to do the same...) so here is how I spent my Due Date Eve.

10:30 - took advantage of another day to sleep in...watched the remainder of Price is Right...missed Bob Barker.

12:00 - talked Kev into visiting my favorite local fabric store...paced the aisles pointing out all of my fave fabrics and designers to Kev...he was a trooper.

12:45 - I'm hungry...we headed to my favorite restaurant in Nashville...Bread and Company...  mmmm...I enjoyed a delish "Gourmet PB&A" sandwich, as well as many stares from other customers as I waddled about.
1:45 - we wandered about Borders...I sat in the craft book aisle for 30 minutes, debating which book I wanted...finally decided on this one.

2:15 - I love Maggie Moo's ice cream so much that I am on their email list...used my "free cone on your birthday" coupon to get a strawberry with brownie mix-in cone...was generous and shared one bite with Kev.
2:35 - go into hardware store to get some keys copied...come out to a car that won't start...we both have a bit of a freak-out moment...Kev asks what looks like a kind man to jump start our car...he replies he has no time...he has to meet the tile guy...Kev tries again and a kind citizen who doesn't have to meet the tile guy jump starts our car and we head home.


4:00-9:30 - watch Oprah and wonder #1 why anyone would want to be a ploygamist and #2 why I am so interested in them...walk Lola with Kev...make dinner...eat made dinner....and then..... make Kev go out with me to stare at this.....

....and beg it to work its magic on me!!!!


3 comments:

Sarah P said...

any moment now!!!!
and, yes, i agree..the stares are kind of weird. I can't imagine when i'm full term the looks i'm going to get. it just makes me wonder...have these people never seen a pregnant woman before?

Kara said...

hope the moon worked! i am sure that every day after your due date is hard to pass- best of luck!!!

Biddy said...

awwww what a great way to spend the day before your due date! and wow! i can't believe she actually came on her due date!

also, who doesn't stop to help a pregnant woman jump her car!? what a butt