Wednesday, February 16, 2011

sun, snow, stress (recent TX trip, part two)

The Sunday after Kasey's wedding, my mom flew into San Antionio from Denver. While waiting on her flight to arrive, my dad took us to a park for a picnic and to let Merit play. It was sunny and close to 80 degrees...just perfect. 




 (i like the bird at the top of this pic.)





After we picked up my mom from the airport, we went back to Abilene with them for the week. Where we were snowed in for four days! We ate a lot of snow ice cream, played with cousins, and had a fun time!





 

The trip ended with another flight, but this time Chelsea was not there to help me. I had to go it alone, and althought it was a tad stressful, we made it. The best part was that there were empty seats, so I got to take August's car seat on with us. She fell asleep right before takeoff and woke up a few minutes before we landed. It was nice to not have to worry about her at all during the flight, because I had a busy, busy almost three-year-old to keep entertained. I've never been so relieved and grateful for a plane to land in my life!




Thank you, Nina and PaPa, for a fun week!

1 comment:

JenniferW said...

Kasey looked beautiful in the pictures you posted! I'm so glad you had a good trip and (hopefully) enjoyed our little San Antonio. It's not where I want to live forever but it's alright :) Your girls are looking precious as ever!