Tuesday, February 15, 2011

mr. and mrs. pope! (recent TX trip, part one)

A couple of weeks ago, the girls and I headed to San Antonio to attend the wedding of one of my very best friends, Kasey. Luckily, on the flight there, Chelsea was with me to help with the two babes and all of our stuff. Merit was excited for her first flight with her very own ticket and seat. She did great on the way there with Chelsea and Chelsea's "big phone" to entertain her. (The way back - without Chelsea - was, well, not as easy, but we made it.) 






My mom went to Denver to be at the airport when Matt, Nikki, and Kai came home, so my sweet dad came to San Antonio to babysit the girls while I went to the rehearsal dinner and also during the reception the next day. He was a rock star, and I was so thankful he was there. He took Merit down to breakfast each morning, took her swimming, took naps with her, while also helping me keep August happy and entertained. Thank you, thank you, thank you PaPa!





I loved being with my friends for the weekend. We don't get to be together often enough. This was the first time that (almost) all of our kids were with us. 

I love this picture.

The rehearsal dinner and wedding were both just perfect. I was so thankful to be able to be there as Kasey married Nathan. Merit thought Kasey was a celebrity ("She's a princess!") and was just in awe of her the whole evening. The rehearsal was in a train depot downtown and was so much fun. 

rehearsal dinner

wedding!











HA!

Yay for the Popes!

No comments: