Sunday, February 27, 2011

six months!

Dear August Rose,

You are SIX MONTHS OLD!!


I know. I can barely believe it myself.

I'm writing this letter about your half birthday two weeks late, but no worries. I remember your sixth month very well. But first...

Let's review.

Ooohhhhh that one-month-old pic. I can barely take it. Where did that tiny baby go?



At your 5 (and a half) month appointment you weighed 17 pounds (82%) and were 26.5 inches long (88%). You got a couple of shots, and you didn't cry one single tear.

Dr. Davis gave us the go-ahead to start you on cereal, so we tried it out right away. Merit got to help feed you the first time, and she thought that was the greatest. You liked it okay!



You went on another couple of plane rides to and from Texas this last month and did wonderfully.


You are sleeping through the night most nights, but still wake up a time or two some nights. You no longer sleep until 10am, but instead get up around 8am and then go back down for a nap an hour or two later, taking 3-4 naps throughout the day. I still LOVE to watch you sleep. You are just the sweetest little sleeper!


You are sitting up like a champ now. Although I don't think you'll be crawling too soon, you are pushing up off your stomach pretty well, and you like to roll all over the living room. You are very content to sit and play with toys all by yourself. Your sister likes to sit and take your toys play with you. You are usually pretty quiet, but when you get to talking, especially when sitting and playing with your toys, you have a lot to say!






Your new trick is to blow raspberries, and it is funny to me every time.


You and Merit already love each other so much. You've started taking baths with her, and she makes you laugh like no one else. She loves to make "palettes" for y'all to lay on in the living room. There's no telling what I'll be reporting about you two a year from now. How blessed you are to have a big sister to grow up with.



Baby girl, half a year has gone by since we first met you. I know I say it all of the time, but the word "sweet" just fits you so perfectly.


You are rarely fussy, you love to cuddle when you're tired, you give the best smiles to us and strangers alike...I just have very few complaints about my newest baby. (Get rid of the 3-5am wake-up calls, and I'd have none!) ;)


Recently your awesome Daddy brought me some roses, and I was telling him how they made me love your middle name even more. Usually people give roses to others for a couple of reasons: to make them happy and/or to tell them that they love them. Every single day I think about how much happiness you bring to our family, and you were, without a doubt, sent as a reminder of how much God loves us. My pretty little August Rose. What a special gift you are.


So, Happy Half Birthday, Augs! I hope you already know that you are so very, very loved.

much love,
your mama


4 comments:

Kelli said...

I always love reading your letters to your little girls. You are the sweetest mama! It is hard to believe August is already six months old! She is beautiful, just like her big sister!

Jen said...

On Sunday, Kevan was holding her over his shoulder and she smiled and laughed at everyone behind her. It was so sweet. What a cutie she is. And happy that she is getting on a good sleep schedule!

erin f. said...

Such great pictures! She is so so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

She's a little doll! Grammie