Monday, November 29, 2010

i have a nephew. his name is kai.


Tonight, while we sleep here in America, a family will be born in Ethiopia. My brother and sister-in-law, Matt and Nikki, will meet their son for the first time. They have named him Kai, and he is about 9 and a half months old. I can't show his picture here quite yet, but he is just about the cutest little thing you've ever seen. I love my first nephew so much already.

Kai had a rough beginning. He was found by a policeman in his little village when he was about 2 weeks old. He had been abandoned. Many would think this a heartless thing for a mother or father to do, but I choose to think it a brave thing. Maybe they knew it was necessary and were given hope that their sweet boy would find a better life. And indeed he has. In a few short hours, the prayers of so many - possibly even Kai's birth parents - will be answered as Matt and Nikki hold their baby for the first time. I can't imagine what that will be like for Matt and Nikki. And for Kai - to finally lay eyes on his parents who have loved him before he was even born.

Your prayers are welcome, too, as their journey to bring Kai home continues. Because of the laws in Ethiopia and the timing of court dates and such, it will most likely be mid-January when they are finally able to bring Kai back to America.

I love you so much, KaiKai. I'm not sure when I'll get to meet you, but I am more than ready! You are so very loved.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful story and how precious is Kai and his family. Praise God, that he led your sister and brother in law to Kai. What a special little boy. Blessings to each and everyone of you.

Cassie said...

You wrote this so beautifully! What a precious moment for all three of them! Can't wait to see his cutie patootie face :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations to Matt & Nicki!!! I'm so excited for them & I know that they must be so excited to meet Kai! I can't wait to see his sweet picture!

annalee said...

rejoicing for your family's newest addition and this precious, loved boy.

Shiloh said...

Awesome! Josh and I are so excited for Matt and Nicki and this sweet little guy. Hopefully I will get to meet him in Denver.