Sunday, November 14, 2010

happy (2 and) 3 months!

Dear little August Rose, 
You are three months old! I dropped the ball last month and neglected to get your 2 month letter written. We did, however, take pictures...



As I remember, your second month was full of good times. You made your Texas debut, which included me leaving you for the first time to go to my high school reunion, meeting lots of family, your first trip to the farm, and the Texas State Fair. You handled the 15 hour car trip like a champ, which is a good thing, because it's a trip we take often. I'm pretty sure you loved Texas, which came as no surprise to me.

in Nina and PaPa's backyard, wearing my baby dress


Your two month doctor appointment brought more praise from Dr. Davis, but it also brought your first shots. Your daddy and I just knew that you wouldn't handle them well (you're a little more sensitive than your big sister), but you only cried for a second or two - until you heard your Daddy's voice - and then you were fine. At this appointment you weighed 12 pounds, 3 ounces (81%) and were 23.5 inches long (85%).


Your third month has been just as exciting.



You are changing daily and newborn days are no more. Two or three weeks ago, you finally started sleeping "through the night", only to start waking up again around 3 or 4am this past week. Last night you slept until 6:15am, so hopefully you are on your way back to sleeping until 7 like before. You always  quickly go back to sleep after that feeding, and sometimes I wonder if I have a three-month-old or a fifteen-year-old, because you do sleep until 10am most days, some days until almost 11. Keep that up, baby girl.


You have discovered your hands and feet. You work so hard to get your fists in your mouth, and whatever might be covering your feet fascinates you. We have started putting you in your bumbo seat, and you love to stare at your feet.


ooohhh look at Merit back there. She loves to be wherever you are.

You are trying your hardest to roll over. I took this picture with my phone one day when we were playing on my bed. You rolled from your back to your tummy, but you can only get over on your side when you're on a harder surface. I was proud of you nonetheless!


One of your new favorite things to do is sit in your bouncer and wave and kick like a crazy baby. It's hard to get a non-blurry pic of that action. You will smile at the little blue owl - one of your first toys to really "interact" with.


This past month brought your first Halloween and all the fun that goes with it. (Don't worry, you'll get it someday.)


I was a mouse for my first Halloween, as was Merit (this was the costume I made for her), so I figured I would make it an Albright baby girl tradition and let you be a mouse, too. You and Merit are tied for the cutest baby mouse I've ever seen. :)



I know that this can be said of all babies, but August, you are so sweet.


And I know I think this because you are mine, but there is just something about you that's different than most babies I've known. You seem to have a noticeably sweet and calm spirit. It brings tears to my eyes to think of it.


You already have some really great friends who are also very, very sweet. I can't wait to see you play with these girls someday.

Claire, August, and Bennet October 2010

You have had a lot of fun this past month "playing" with Merit.



We all love you so much, August Rose. Every little thing about you. The way you "talk" back to us. The way you laugh by smiling and saying "Heeeehhh. Heeehhhh." The way you stare at us - up close or from across the room. (Sometimes I'll put you in the swing in the kitchen while I cook or do dishes, and one day while washing dishes, I turned around to find you straining your neck to watch me. Melt my heart, baby girl.)

I love your chunky little thighs...


and long fingers...

...and even your balding head.

This next month will bring your first Thanksgiving, two trips to Texas - one of which will include your first flight, and the beginning of my favorite time of the year. Can't wait. You are a true joy, my little Auggie Ro Ro. Happy 3 months!


much love,
your Mama

6 comments:

courtney said...

she is SO CUTE! i love the picture of her playing with merit in the doll crib--comfy! ;)

also, baby claire's hair is AWESOME--love it!

mama nina said...

Okay, I'm crying. So, soo precious! I wish we could be there to enjoy all of those milestones. Thank you so much for this blog. You have pinned her perfectly. She is such a calm, and gentle little one. I miss you! AND love you so much! Mama

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see Auggie next week. She has already changed and grown so much. Love her and her sweet sister so much!

annalee said...

wow, it is clear she is another adorable, precious albright girl. love you all!

JenniferW said...

Oy. You make such cute kids.

Jessica said...

So adorable! Don't you love the leg warmers??