Tuesday, August 31, 2010

hospital days 2 and 3

Day 2 - Saturday
We were so thankful to all who came to see us at the hospital. Each visit meant SO much to us. 

Especially when this girl came!

She picked out her own hair accessories this day. :)


My parents took Merit to pick out a new baby doll. Merit named her "Baby Lisa", which is actually what she had been calling her baby sister before she was born.



The Gingeriches came by to say hello. Merit was beyond excited to see her friend, Jake!


Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Albright


Kevan's Aunt Pam, or as Merit calls her, "Aunt Pant"

I got to hold her a little bit on this day, too. :)

Day 3 - Sunday

Some of my favorite newborn August pics




our new little family



the Albrights came back that afternoon


And the Schnecks came for a visit as well! We are still waiting for our turn to go visit them when August's new BFF Claire Jane arrives. C'mon, baby Claire! We are anxious to meet you!

Thanks again to all of you who came to see us. We feel so blessed that so many love our babies like we do.

4 comments:

susan hillen said...

you have a beautiful family Sharon. I love that Merrit picked out her own accessories when she visited. August rose is beautiful and I love the pic of you and her!!! Blessing's to you and your family!!

Hugs,
Susan

Kyla said...

I know I keep saying this... but August is so beautiful! I think she looks a lot like her adorable older sister, too. :) Oh my goodness, this makes me want to have another baby.

Jessica said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! August is so gorgeous & looks alot like Merit!

JenniferW said...

1) Miss August is precious beyond words.
2) I can't believe how awesome you look immediately after birth.
3) I can't get enough of Merit with her baby sister. She looks absolutely enamored :)