Saturday, August 28, 2010

August's birthday, part 2

The moment when Merit met August could not have been any sweeter.







She reacted just as I imagined she would. She kept saying things like, "I like it!" and "Oh, so cute!" I loved every second and tried to soak in as much as I could of my two girls meeting for the first time. It was definitely a very surreal moment. A very sweet and surreal moment.


I put together a backpack full of goodies for Merit from August. She was so excited about her present.







But her presents were not as exciting as baby sister. She couldn't get enough of her!



We finally let the other family members get their hands on baby August. We were so thankful that all four of our parents and Kevan's brother Tanner were there when she was born.

Grammie

Popsy

Uncle Tan-Tan

and PaPa!

Later that evening, some of our best friends, the Harrisons, came by to meet August. Can't wait for all FOUR of our girls to grow up together.

Penny

Grant

Sweet Ava

the boys and all of their baby girls

Merit had to get one last snuggle in before she went home for the night.

Happy Birthday, August Rose! It was a perfect day to welcome you into our family. I will never think of Friday the 13th the same again. :)


5 comments:

Cassie said...

PRECIOUS! I love Merit saying, "I like it!" I have a feeling that will make its way into a permanent family memory :) So sweet.

erin f. said...

This is so sweet Sharon, what a great memory! I still remember when my sister was born. I love the backpack idea too.

I still feel like Merit should be August's age, why does it go by so fast? Enjoy that tiny new born baby. Love ya.

Ashley said...

Oh, so sweet!! What a precious reaction!

Traci said...

This made me cry! Merit's going to be the best big sister! I love the name August. Congratulaions, Sharon.

Jessica said...

Priceless! The video was wonderful.... I sure did cry. Love the backpack idea..... how thoughtful! I'm so happy for yall! What a sweet family of four!