Friday, April 24, 2009

a whole lotta merit

If you aren't me, or a grandparent, this mega-post may be a bit much. I just want to remember some things about Merit, the 13-month-old, and I'm turning out to be a better blogger than baby-booker. Some of my favorite things about her right now are:

~She says "Hiiii" to everyone. Last night we were eating at a restaurant and sat close to the door. You would have thought she had been hired as their greeter. 

~She points to her eyes (well, the general vicinity) and says "eyyye?"

~When I was little, I can remember really wanting to whistle, so finally, I just started faking it by making an "O" with my lips and doing a high-pitch scream thing. I fooled everyone, I'm sure. Merit does the same kind of thing when she snaps. She makes a snap motion in the air while simultaneously making a clicking noise with her tongue. See?

~I will be a little sad when she is no longer in the "learning to walk" phase. She either holds her little hands in front of her, palms facing out, or she has her arms going in all directions, I guess to keep her balance. Oh, my goodness, so cute. Here is a little video of some Merit walking. Oh, and some Kevan caterpillar-showing. And some Kevan swinging. 

~She likes to carry around her babies and stuffed animals, and I like for her to do so, because it keeps me smiling. She frequently stops to give them a good hug and kiss.

~She loves to dance and slap her knee when any kind of music is on.

~Wheels on the Bus is a fave at the moment. She likes to do the wheel motion and "shush, shush, shush" with the mama on the bus.

~She's a talker and can carry a great phone conversation. Talking to her Nina...

~Peekaboo is always funny. So is her daddy.

Some favorite pics from the past month or so...

a day at centennial park in nashville with nina and papa



at the nashville library with audrey and lily

yay for facing forward!

catching a call on the sheep magnet
Easter 2009



pat the bunny
on the lookout for a pickup game
lily and merit
we didn't have any clean pj's the other night, so i put her in one of my t-shirts. it was officially the cutest thing i had ever seen...that day

well, nice to meet you, too, clifford the big red dog
whew. what a fun month!

post signature

9 comments:

Cassie said...

SO cute. I love seeing her walk. And the snapping is just too funny.

It's fun to see other babies close to Caleb's age because it's just amazing to me how similar their mannerisms are...so intriguing.

Life as a Spencer! said...

So cute! I love her talking to your mom! Precious!

Kate said...

She is so sweet. I love that she figured out how to click her tongue when she snaps! By the way, thanks for designing my invitations. They look so cute!

Anonymous said...

Loved all of the pictures and video of sweet Merit!! I've been checking your blog two or three times a day. Today I hit the jackpot!! I miss her! Love, Grammie

erin f. said...

Yea for the mega-post! Merit is just too darn cute. I can't wait to hear her say Hiiii to me, in just a few weeks!

jaymie said...

LOVED this post. Can I have her please?

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

I don't think she can get any cuter!! I love the pictures of her in your t-shirt!

Jennifer W said...

Oh she is TOO cute! And such a good walker!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I found your blog from a friend of a friend's blog. :0) Your daughter is PRECIOUS! I love her name! I am due with a baby girl in September and am dying to know...where do you get your cutie's clothes? Please don't tell me you sew them all yourself...I can barely thread a needle. :0)

Jessica
Houston, TX