Monday, April 6, 2009

dedicated and celebrated

Finally! A chance to blog about Merit's birthday festivities. 

On her actual birthday, the 22nd, we spent the day just the 3 of us. Merit woke up around 6:45am and Kev and I took her a balloon and sang "Happy Birthday" as we went into her room to get her. She was highly confused, but we had fun. We then went to church and took Merit to the zoo.

A week later, my parents and Kev's parents came in town for her party. We decided to take advantage of both grandparents being in town together and have Merit's dedication at church.

That afternoon, we had her first birthday party! 

We had planned on it being at the park, but the weather didn't cooperate with us. It was around 50 degrees, so our good friends, the Harrisons, offered to let us have the party at their house since our apartment is a bit too small for such an occasion. Here is the awesome family to which we will be forever grateful...
We didn't really have a theme for Merit's party. If there was one, I think it would be "spring". :) My mom helped me make her cake. I had SO much fun planning and preparing for her party. I am already excited about party #2!

Although we had to switch locations, we had a great turnout and a really fun time. Merit was all over the place and loved every second! Here is a video of everyone singing to her, followed by the rest of the party pics. 





(for a few more pics, you can go to my facebook album)

post signature

5 comments:

annalee said...

precious on all accounts.

Jennifer W said...

Beautiful. Now where did you get your ladybugs for the cake? Not that I am totally throwing a ladybug party for Avelyn's first birthday. Repeat - I am NOT not throwing a ladybug party. Not.

erin f. said...

Yea for Merit! I love it. What a sweet happy memory of her 1st B-day.

Katelyn said...

It looks like she had such a sweet and fun birthday party! Those invitations were too cute.

*Courtney* said...

Too cute! I cannot believe she is already ONE! Time flies when you're having fun.......