Wednesday, April 15, 2009

kevan = rockstar

So Kevan plays every once in a while here in Nashville with a couple of friends. This past Monday I got the privilege of getting outside the apartment (after sunset!) to go watch him, thanks (a BIG thanks) to Kevan's mom coming to keep Merit. 

I absolutely love to watch Kevan on stage. It is something that I will never, ever do (but {not so} secretly wish I could), so I partly love it because I get to live vicariously through my rockin' husband, but I mostly love it because I get to watch Kevan do something that he loves. I can't explain how proud I am of him.

He and our friend, Michael (seen in the video), have been playing with Chad Randall (black shirt) for a couple of years. Chad is a really talented songwriter, and he is lucky to have such talented musicians like Kev and Michael back him up.

They played really well. Here is the last song they played (please look past my bad videographer skills and my camera's poor sound skills...).


Good, right? Told you he was a rockstar. How lucky am I?

post signature

8 comments:

annalee said...

how cool are you, married to a rockstar?! i love it. good song too.

Jessica said...

Yeah Kevan! They are really good. I love that song. Very cool!

Kyla said...

That was so good! Go Kevan!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad Kevan got to do what he loves, and that you got to go out after dark. Such a treat!

Jennifer W said...

Wow, how many women wish they could say "I'm with the band. Yeah that totally awesome hot guy up there? That's my HUSBAND" and really mean it? Too cool! Beautiful song.

erin f. said...

This just gave me a flashback to when we saw Kevan perform in Abilene at that little crazy western bar place in Abilene. But I must this is much better/hipper/cooler! (Although I'm pretty sure he did an Elvis impersonation that rocked).

KimM said...

My husband sings in the shower. Is that about the same thing?

mrs. prevost said...

that is so crazy about our dad's having the exact same name. (well my dad's is david RAY wallace but we got the david wallace part the same) we must be somehow related haha

i always get excited to see pete play too! it is so great to watch them do something they have a passion for. we need to hangout again soon! ps i love your little girl! she is one of my favs in the nursery. is that wrong to have favorites oh well some of those kids are a mess but your little girl def is NOT!