Sunday, August 17, 2008

on a sad note

We've been playing music for Merit since she was in my belly. She seems to really enjoy it, and her daddy especially feels like she has great taste in music. Most of the time when you play a song or sing to Merit, she gives you a big, sweet, approving smile. But, as my friends first discovered last month in Arkansas, if your singing is disapproving in any way, Merit will let you know. Sometimes, singing makes Merit sad. Really sad. 

But it's the cutest sad I've ever seen.

Katie loves Merit, and Merit loves Katie, but her singing...not so much.



Katie isn't the only one who has done this to Merit. My dad took these pictures last week when I, her very own mama, was singing to her.

Is it cruel that I kept singing until she reached this point of sadness?

Now Katie and I are both Sing Song champs, so I know our voices are finely tuned, but I guess this baby girl demands perfection. 

 Guess I better go warm up before bedtime songs...

4 comments:

Cassie said...

That's hilarious, Sharon! That's one of the best pouty faces I've seen!

I love that she already has an ear for music...way to go, Merit:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, bless her sweet little heart!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my name up above! Grammie

erin f. said...

We are all evil for laughing at her sadness, but like you said, it is the cutest sad I've ever seen!