Friday, July 4, 2008

walking in memphis

I've never claimed to be much of an Elvis fan. I mean, he's the King of Rock-n-Roll, but I never knew much about him aside from a song or two and a few facts heard here and there. My mom, a fan herself, told me his birthday was January 8th, a day after hers and the same day as her grandmother. A friend once told me his grandmother dated Elvis when she was in high school. My fourth graders told me he died on the toilet. (Huh...who knew?) Kevan impersonated Elvis in a cover band he was in a few years back, and although I LOVED Kev's act (it was sooooo great), I still didn't care too much about the King.

Well, last weekend Kevan's parents took us to Graceland, and I think I actually may be a bit of an Elvis fan!  We didn't quite know what to expect, but it was really interesting and a whole lot of fun. I'm not ready to start collecting Elvis trading cards or sport a Priscilla beehive, but I do have a new appreciation for Elvis Presley. I'd actually like to revisit Graceland sometime... Mom, are you up for it?


5 comments:

Kara said...

i like the picture where you are posing like the picture behind you. classic!

Anonymous said...

That was a fun and interesting day. I've been watching clips of Elvis on You Tube all week. I even ordered a book about him! Grammie Janice

Anonymous said...

I'm game!!! You and Kevan could dress up like the original couple and be a pretty close look-a-like. You need a tad more makeup though. Y'all looked precious with that beautiful little Merit along with you. I'm missing you so much! Love you!!!!! Mama Nina

Anonymous said...

I love the way Merit looks a bit in awe in the bottom right picture. I would be too.

Biddy said...

yeah, graceland pretty much brought my love for the king up a few notches too!!