Wednesday, July 30, 2008

a newborn no longer

I looked back through our pictures of Merit tonight. It's only been 4 months...could she really have changed that much? What I found astounded me. I had forgotten how small she was. I had forgotten how much hair she had. I had forgotten how much she used to sleep. I hadn't thought about these things in a while. I was glad to be reminded of what I loved about the newborn Merit, but I was also a bit sad to realize that, like everyone had warned, the days are passing much too quickly. 







2 comments:

annalee said...

little miss merit is looking like such a big girl! the picture of her in the rainbow onesie looking straight at the camera is the one that makes me realize how fast our girls really are growing up.
i had a major sentimental moment with adelaide last night when i was putting her to bed and i became completely aware that she no longer wants to be rocked, just simply put in her crib.

Sarah P said...

Oh, don't tell me that! I can already see how Brooks is filling out and all too quickly losing his newborn look (even if I'm the only one who can see the changes so soon). How does this happen so quickly?!!
It will blow my mind when he doesn't sleep all day...