Thursday, July 17, 2008


This past weekend, Merit and I traveled along with our friend Nina to Bentonville, Arkansas to spend the weekend with my college girls. Erin, thanks so much for having all of us at your new, beautiful house!! It was tons of fun, and it was SO good to see my friends. (Although there was a void...our friends Jaymie and Kanyon weren't able to make it.) :(  

Here are a few highlights... 
(I stole some of these pics from Chelsea)
(see Erin's blog for more pics)

Nina and Merit in the Chicago airport during our layover
Kyla's little girl, Ava
little friends

(Their first pic together about 7 months ago)
One night while eating dinner at the Marketplace, a huge storm blew in, and we debated whether to wait it out at the restaurant or run in the torrential downpour to the car

We ran [screaming] to the car
I had a wonderful time, but too bad Merit didn't get any attention all weekend




Until next time, ladies...

7 comments:

lhall said...

she's so adorable. i look at her picture on my fridge and say a little prayer for you three every morning.

i'm so envious that you girls get together every 6 months---that's super special! ...and looks like so much fun.

katie, (i know you're reading this), please start a blog!

erin f. said...

This was so much fun!! Thank YOU for coming and bringing that darling little darling.

Ashley said...

I love friend weekends! It looks like yall had so much fun.

Kyla said...

I can't keep from laughing out loud when I look at that picture of us in the car! Ha!

erin f. said...

I know Sharon, I know. A cat is very not me. It isn't me at all really, and I have already started to let my mind wonder to giving her away to someone (she is very cute and sweet but I have sneezed a lot today). Hopefully she will grow up and be pretty self reliant and we won't have to feed/play with/pay attention to her. How horrible is that for a pet owner to say? The very dike-esque woman who was our cashier at PetCo told me that she had 10 cats and 14 dogs and she said it as if I, as a fellow pet owner, would appreciate such a thing. It made me want to say, well now you can have 11 cats! I AM NOT A PET PERSON!

Also, we did get Carmen the goldfish...actually a Male Beta fish, and she loves it. She told me it was the best present ever.

Tell Merit hi and kiss her 100 times for me.

Love you!

Jennifer W said...

I just love that I stumbled on your blog... Merit is so beautiful! I can't help but compare Avelyn's progress with Merit since she is only a month older than my baby! If only you lived in Texas; our girls could have fabulous play dates. I also love what a small world we live in... I was good friends with Kasey Wilson in high school. How funny!

Chels said...

Thank you very much for not shwin gmy face in that picture of me playing with Merit. It would have been sweaty....

kiss her 200 times for me today! (Ha, beat ya, cousin!)