Wednesday, February 13, 2008

snow day, baby/belly update, mama, shower, crib...

I write this from our new, comfy glider, watching the Today show on TV and the beautiful snow fall outside our windows. It is not only beautiful because it has painted our yard a lovely white, but also because it cancelled school today. Yessssss. Someday, I will learn to update more often so my posts aren't so long. Until then...
I am now about 8 months pregnant. I am beginning to feel about 8 months pregnant, but, really, cannot complain much. I love being pregnant, but am very, very ready to meet and hold this baby girl! Here is what babycenter.com says about babies at 34 weeks:
"Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."
32 weeks
um, wow. 34 weeks. seriously serious?
My mom came to visit us this past weekend. It was SO good to have her here! We did a lot of shopping and running around, and she even got to come to school with me for a day and a half. I am sure that is exactly what a 4th grade teacher wanted to do on her vacation...come to 4th grade. My kids loved her, and several people at school asked if she was my sister. One of the main reasons she came was to go with me to my school shower. (Kev's parents came over for the shower, too!) The shower was great and we are so thankful for all the gifts we received! It meant so much to me that my mom made a special trip to Nashville for us and the shower. Next time I see her, I will most likely be introducing her to her 3rd granddaughter! Mama, I miss you already!
the baby's sweet grandmothers
this is one of my greatest nashville friends, Jen (above), and one of baby girl's future greatest nashville friends, Jen's baby girl, Cali (below)
kev...gazing into our future...
yes, please!
daddy kev did a great job putting the crib together!
what i've finished so far...

19 comments:

annalee said...

hooray for beautiful snow, beautiful mommas, and beautiful girls! you look incredible, and i know that baby girl growing inside you does too. i'm so glad you are enjoying being pregnant and eager awaiting the due day too!
ps- GREAT job on the bedding!

Allison said...

your belly is so cute and so is the nursery! can't wait to see the finished product...nursery and baby that is!

Kara said...

i was waiting for a belly update! i just love prego bellies!!!
i am jealous of the snow, but the weather has been awesome here- mid 70's and sun shiny. can't wait for the big day : )

jackie said...

You look great! The bedding is so cute. You are on the home stretch!

lhall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lhall said...

oh i want so badly to see you! just so you know, your message made me miss you so much yesterday! i loved that you were laughing by yourself.

momma albright and crib look so cute! can't wait to meet baby girl...wish i knew her name :)

Jacquie said...

It all looks so adorable! You look great, I loved being pregnant too!

Kaylane said...

You're probably sick of hearing this, but your belly is adorable!!! And the crib looks great!!!

Ashley said...

you are so so cute! I can't believe you will have a baby SO soon! :) And I love the bedding...way to go! :)

Laura Webb said...

Ditto to all comments:)

Kyla said...

Sharon, your baby looks so cute on you! :) I was excited to read your update...and the crib looks awesome!

*Courtney* said...

Sharon, you are just all baby! What a cute belly and super cute bedding, you did a great job! :)

Katelyn said...

Your nursery looks adorable - I love the brown paint! You are so creative and a sewing master!

Cassie said...

You are one cute pregnant Mama!! That last month will be gone before you know it! I'll be praying for you and your sweet daughter!

laura said...

love the crib! you did a really good job. She will love it!

Anonymous said...

Sharon, your crib looks so cute! I love it. You are so creative, I am sure that it is going to be the most unique and creative baby's room ever. I am excited for you! It won't be long now and you will be holding your DAUGHTER! Wow.

Love ya!
Erin

Anna Maria Parry said...

You are so stinkin adorable I can hardly stand it. Please, please say hello when you see me again at Textile, bc I will likely be absorbed in looking for a zipper, or something :)
Best wishes with your impending arrival.
xoAM

Cassie said...

How adorable are you?!?! I love it!

& I love your bedding! You did an incredible job. I can't believe baby girl is almost here:)

Anonymous said...

and the baby's name is....?
kasey