Wednesday, February 27, 2008

semi-update

(I am the worst blog updater ever, and for that I apologize! Also, we can't get our camera to import pics at this time, so a picless blog will have to do until we can get it working...)

We had an ultrasound today and they estimated the baby's weight to be 6 pounds 12 ounces. I am trying my best not to dwell on whether or not that is "big" for an almost 37 week baby (as I take deep breaths and cling to the fact that the word "estimate" is involved). This was only our second ultrasound, so it was good to see her again! She had the cutest chubby cheeks, and her nose and lips looked just like Kevan's. We saw her yawn, could see her little stomach go up and down with practice breaths, and she was drinking some "fluid." Yum. Speaking of, apparently I have excess fluid. The doctor said it wasn't a problem. After seeing her full cheeks and hearing about her weight (estimated weight), Kev and I joked that maybe baby girl needs to go easy on the fluid! Of course...

...after our appointment, we promptly headed to Krispy Kreme's. Don't judge. 

Well, maybe I will update again soon, with some great pics, of the following:
Kev's band's latest gig
36 week belly pic
Paul and Lori came to visit!
baby shower, 4th grade style
and, who knows, maybe, most hopefully...

A BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT! :)



6 comments:

Stacia said...

Hi Sharon...you don't know me, I'm a lurker that found you through a friend of a friend etc... Don't worry too much about the birth weight. Both my kids estimates were over their actuall birth weight. They thought my daughter would be over 8lbs (she was 7.6) and they thought my son was well over 9lbs! (he was 8.4) so like you said...only an estimate :-) Hope things continue to go well, can't wait to hear what her name will be!

Sarah P said...

You are adorable. I can't wait to see what 36 weeks looks like! I've been reading your thoughts to prepare me for what's ahead! They should totally give us more sonograms. It's hard not to get to see our little butterbean more often. I've got another 16 weeks before they let me see again! I can't believe we're already halfway through the pregnancy and I can't believe you're almost done! You look beautiful! Keep us posted.
Also, send me your email address and I'll send you an invite to my blog. I had to make it private.
my email: saw99a@yahoo

Sarah (Wilhite) Paulk

Cassie said...

Hooray for being 37 weeks!! It won't be long until you're holding that sweet little girl and trying to remember what it was like to be 37 weeks pregnant:) I can't wait to see her!! I can't believe you're SO CLOSE. Enjoy the last few weeks.

*Courtney* said...

Oh how exciting that she's almost here! Cassie's right, next thing you know, she'll be in your arms! Can't wait for the pics!

Jennifer Nieland said...

I can't believe that you are less than a month away! I am so excited for you guys!

tricia said...

don't worry about the weight.....mine were 9.8 and 10.2 pounds and it was all good:)