Sunday, September 9, 2007

12 weeks and, sigh, belly pic

I am now 12 weeks along. Some say I am starting the 2nd trimester, others say that isn't until 13 weeks...regardless, I feel much better, which is fantastic! I have an appointment tomorrow and am excited to maybe get to hear the little heartbeat again. We heard it at last month's appointment, and it was such an intense and humbling experience. My doctor doesn't do sonograms until 20 weeks, so we still have a while before we get to see the cuteness.

I don't know if "cuteness" is a great segue for this next picture, but I've decided to share this week's belly pic with you. I'm not brave enough yet to post the bare belly pic and don't know that I ever will be. (I guess all of the "conversations" that my mama and I had about bikinis when I was a teenager had an impression on me as I consider flashing my stomach on the internet.) Anyway, this shirt isn't tight fitting, but maybe you can kind of tell that a little bump is definitely there! The second picture is from last night. I got to see 3 people whom I've missed! Lindsay was visiting from Abilene, Nina just returned from Switzerland, and well, Melanie lives here, but I sadly hadn't seen her in, I think, over a year. Kevan was glad to see that I do indeed have friends.

7 comments:

Janice said...

You look beautiful!!

annalee said...

i can see your cute tummy and i love it! i'm glad you are feeling better.

Chels said...

So jealous! I want to be hanging out and getting to see the bump in real life! Looking sexy!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you had that shirt before you got prego?? I just got the black and white one at Old Navy, I love it...but Im not prego...dang you cute and tiny pregnant girls!!!

Anonymous said...

You're too cute!! It's fun for me to see where I'll be in 6 weeks (plus 50 lbs!) I wish you were closer!!! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Sharon! Why I am I just now discovering your blog? I just read the part about Rachel the baby doll out loud to Todd and we were both laughing out loud, a lot. I love it! I can finally relate with you're teaching life because I subsitute taught for a 1st grade class today...it was fun. Anyway, you look beautiful as always, and your tiny bump is cute! love ya.

Unknown said...

You look great--wow that bump is huge!!!JK I will have to send a pic of my baby bump so you'll have something to look forward to! Just a couple more weeks and you'll feel worlds better! Luv you!