Thursday, April 14, 2011

merit's 3rd birthday party!

Merit was a bit indecisive about what kind of party she wanted this year. I figured she was old enough now to have a say, so I wanted to do something she would really enjoy. We started out thinking about Care Bears (a Mer-Bear party!), then she moved onto ballet, then macaroni and cheese (true story), then she would mention pink and purple... so I just decided to stick with pink and purple. I'm honestly not much of a fan of those two colors by themselves, so I threw in some mint green for myself. :) 

the invites
 
The day of Merit's party started with ballet. Nina and Papa were in town, so they got to come watch her do her thing.



After ballet, we went into party mode. We ran some last minute errands, and Mama helped me ice the cake and cupcakes. We made a pink and purple layered cake with pink and mint green cupcakes.

 While we finished getting everything ready, Kevan grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and PaPa took a nap with the birthday girl.


It was fun when she woke up to everything decorated and ready.







Since there wasn't really a theme other than her favorite colors, I decided to base the foods around her favorites, as well. I asked her all about her faves, and was sure to include all of them.







(Thanks to Grammie for the yummy homemade mac-n-cheese!)

The favors included some Merit faves, too - sidewalk chalk, fruit roll-ups, and Toy Story and My Little Pony stickers.


Merit was so excited as she waited for friends and family to arrive.


When they finally did, she led them all to her new "yellow park" to play a while before we ate.




After we ate up all of Merit's faves, she blew out her candles.








opening presents...




We didn't have much success with a kids on the couch pic...
Ava, Liam, Audrey, Merit, and Liberty


the mamas

PaPa, Nina, Grammie, and Popsy

our little fam (and proof that sweet August was indeed in attendance. poor second/maybe-someday-middle child - toward the end of the party my parents realized she hadn't had her supper yet, so they fed her for me. )



It was another fun Merit party. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MERIT FEY!!
Thank you to all of our friends and family who came! 



10 comments:

Cassie said...

I love everything about this party! You're a fantastic party-throwin-mommy-extraordinaire :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there!
-Tanner

Jen said...

Gosh, she is such a pretty girl!
And I love how you treasure all the little things. The notecards with her favorite things is my favorite part!

Has she moved to the 3s class at church yet? If not, I'm teaching the 2s this Sunday. I will bring her b-day present then.

mama nina said...

Again, such fun!!!!! You do such a wonderful job of documenting the events in your life. I enjoyed it so much. You are a terrific mama!!!!! Thank you again. Love, Mama

Jordyn said...

Oh my gosh. Sharron you simply amaze me! I have to say that your blog is my FAVORITE to read - and I read a LOT of blogs! You and Kevan did such a good job with Merit's birthday. Her and August are both little dolls! :)

Jessica said...

So CUTE! You have got this party planning thing down girl..... I hope I can pull it off. Love the sweet touches of her "favorites."

Kyla said...

What an adorable party! So sweet... I'm jealous of Merit's 'yellow park.' Those bench swing things were always my favorite- wish I could swing on one now. :) LOVE that last picture of Merit!!

annalee said...

PERFECTION! well done momma. i love the details and the smiles on your sweet 3-year-old's face. they say it all!

Beth said...

Your parties are always so pretty Sharon! Happy Birthday to Merit, she is such an adorable little three year old! Just had to say that I love your re-use of the Dwell fabric on your curtains...I used it to re-cover my dining room chairs! :) I always popping by your blog, oh and those new family photos you just posted are awesome!! Love, Beth (Mindi's buddy)

Beth said...

sorry...i was typing too fast, I meant to say "I always LOVE popping by your blog" :)