Saturday, January 22, 2011

five months (and a little bit)

My dear little August Rose,


 What a sweet little five-month-old you are! We never had your official five month photo shoot, but no worries. This past month wasn't photo shoot-less. In the pictures above you are wearing one of my favorite baby Merit dresses. You are such a pretty baby, pretty yellow dress or not.



You are in such a great "baby" phase. I told your Daddy I feel like this is the prime baby stage. Rolly (both in motion and physique), still little, but showing your personality more and more - it's just really fun. I can carry you around on my hip now. I also recently told your Daddy that I feel like I could have a baby on my hip forever. I love being a mama - you and your sister make it easy for me to love it.

This past month you learned how to roll back over to your back from your belly. You get pretty frustrated when you're stuck on your belly, so this new skill was a relief to you, I'm sure.


 You're starting to sit up on your own a little better. You can stay up a few seconds all by yourself, and sometimes you lean over on your hands to stay up longer. I let you try out your Jenny Jump Up for the first time a couple of weeks ago. You're not quite sure about it yet, but I think you'll like it when you get a little bigger. Merit LOVES for you to be in it and stuffs as many toys as she can in the little seat with you. She tends to do this for you no matter where you are. She is really good about "taking care" of you.



Nobody makes you laugh like Merit does. You give her the biggest smiles, too, and your eyes follow her all over the room. You're already great friends. She still loves to hold you, even though you don't quite fit in her lap as good as you used to!

then
 now!

You're sleeping through the night more consistently and still like to wake up for the day around 10am. One of my favorite parts of the day is going in to get you when I hear you wake up. You are so giddy when you see me - smiling big, waving your arms, and kicking your legs.



This past month, you had your first Christmas!


And it has snowed and snowed some more! I set you up by the door to play and see the snow a couple of times.



On one of the days, your Daddy and Merit were building a snowman. You had a great time watching from the warm house.


August Rose, I can't really put into words how I feel about you. Your sweet spirit already radiates through you. I am beyond thankful for our little family and am so glad God chose you to be a part of it. 


Things get a little crazy around here sometimes (you let us know by your wide-eyed and concerned looks!), but you have such a calming and peaceful effect on us all. I can't believe that you have been with us for almost half a year! I love you so very much, baby girl. Happy 5 months!

much love,
your mama

4 comments:

mama nina said...

Oh sweet baby girl! Again you have amazed me with precious pictures of beautiful granddaughters. Thank you so much for posting this note to August. It is so sweet and so you. I too have always loved being a mama of three of the most precious children on earth. You are doing an amazing job, little mama. You make me so proud as do your two awesome brothers. Keep up the good work, girl. You do an outstanding job! Much love, Mama

Unknown said...

Auggie is changing and growing so much. I can't wait to see you and the girls again. I've been enjoying the daily photos!

KimM said...

That's a pretty baby!

jaymie said...

Augs, I can't wait to gang out with you next weekend!!!