Friday, January 14, 2011

christmas 2010: santa visits our house



We waited until after we got back from Jackson to do our little family's Christmas. I was so thankful that Santa was willing to make a return visit! Merit was beside herself excited because not only did she get a visit from Santa and Rudolph, but also from Nina and PaPa! We won't be doing Christmas with my side of the family until after Matt and Nikki have returned from Ethiopia with Kai and have settled in a bit. So, my parents made a quick trip to come see us, and I'm oh, so glad that they did.

Merit and I made sugar cookies for Santa and Rudolph. Merit wrote a letter to Rudolph and he did his best to leave his hoof prints behind. (She was very into Rudolph this year.) With no chimney, we had to leave them by the front door.


When we visited Santa this year, Merit specifically asked for a "green dinosaur". She was so happy that he remembered! And oh my goodness, she loved her princess barbies.








August enjoyed her Santa gifts. too!






It was so fun watching Merit open presents this year. Lots of "Ohhh, look!" and "Is it mine??" and "THANK YOU!!!".


me and Auggie in her new outifit and hat

Nina and PaPa made a gingerbread house with Merit the night before they left. She loved eating the pieces that had fallen off "accidentally" - or, rather, the ones that she made fall off. Poor thing, we finally had to throw it away one day while she was taking a nap. She still asks about where it went. I may or may not have told her that some cute animals came in and ate it up. (She was okay with that response - I guess because at least they were "cute".)

Merit helped PaPa decorate his shirt with her stickers from Santa. So thoughtful, that girl.





Thanks to my parents, Kevan and I got to get away for an hour or so and get some froyo. That in itself was a great Christmas present!

Christmas 2010 was a good one! So glad we still have Wallace Family Christmas left to look forward to!

1 comment:

Jen said...

So funny that Merit asked for a "green dinosaur"! Cali wanted a piggy doll. Why they wanted those and not Woody or Jessie or Buzz is beyond me. Too funny! At least our girls have minds of their own. :-)
Love you guys!!!