Tuesday, May 25, 2010

i've got some catching up to do...

...in all areas of my life, but what better place to start than the ole blog? I've been to Texas and California in the last couple of weeks, but before I get to those, I wanted to post some pics and a video of Merit from about a month ago. We went to a free Earth Day concert at a park in Nashville to see Sara Watkins and Bela Fleck. Sara was in Nickel Creek, pretty much my favorite band of all time, and Bela Fleck is one of the greatest banjo players there ever was. So to see these two for free, well, I didn't hate it. This was also Merit's first live music experience, and you can't imagine the pride I felt that Sara Watkins was part of that experience. I played Nickel Creek for her all the time when I was pregnant and we attended two Nickel Creek concerts during that time, as well. Here are some pics from Sara's show. (Her brother Sean joined her, so 2/3 of Nickel Creek was there!)





We then went to grab some treats, then came back for Bela Fleck. As you'll see in the video below, Merit enjoyed her first concert. You can't help but move when there is good Bluegrass being played!



She's pretty cute.

Talk of cuteness isn't the greatest segue here, but here are some recent belly pics for those who care. This baby girl is going to be here before we know it (deep breath)!

23 weeks
25 weeks - Mother's Day

5 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

you and your little miss sure out adorable!

erin f. said...

Merit is adorable and you are adorable! You have the cutest preggo clothes of anyone I know!

Kipley said...

Too cute! Wyatt can only army crawl at this point, but hopefully one day he can keep a beat like Merit.

Katie said...

Merit is a cutie! I love her dance moves (she got those from her momma)!

Kyla said...

That video of Merit dancing might just be one of the cutest things I've ever seen! You can tell that music is a big part of her life. :) And you look so cute!! I guess since I haven't even seen you since you announced that you were pregnant I just can't believe you already look pregnant and are already 25 weeks along! Wow, time flies. That baby will be here before you know it!! Don't panic... :)