Friday, March 12, 2010

birthdays are fun!

March is the month for birthdays in my family. On March 3rd, my sweet niece Macy turned six. SIX! I can't believe it. She is growing up into such a fun, smart, caring, and BEAUTIFUL girl. I am so proud to be her aunt. Merit ADORES her "May-May", and I am so thankful that Merit has such a sweet older cousin to look up to. Happy Birthday, Macy! I love you to the moon.


March 8th was my brother Matt's birthday. And, oh, what a great brother he is. I love the first picture of us when we were little. It captures what I have always felt from Matt - that he watches out for me and always wants what is best for me. I couldn't be more proud of the awesome man he has become. Happy Birthday, brother! I love you more than Paul does. :)


In between these two, I turned 28. It was a fun birthday! Kev had the day off and he took me to get donuts, Mexican food, AND ice cream, he let me do things that aren't quite his favorite, like walk around Forever 21 and Hobby Lobby, and he got me some very fun presents. It was fabulous. I also had a fun dinner with some dear friends the day after (Mexican again, of course). I don't have pictures to prove it, but while eating with my friends, about 5 waiters came to our table singing LOUDLY, slammed a sombrero on my head, and then one of them proceeded to spoon whipped cream all over my face. We were all in shock...me especially. Overall, it was a good birthday!


Up next is Miss Merit Fey. She'll be TWO on the 22nd, and I might still be in a bit of denial. I can't believe that my little baby has become my little girl. Here she is at this time last year, just learning to walk.



Now she runs, talks, creates, dances, sings, plays her "tee-tar" (guitar), loves us more than we deserve, and puts a smile on the face of everyone she meets. I can't wait to celebrate her in the next couple of weeks.



Speaking of the 22nd, that is the day we will (hopefully) find out if baby #2 is a boy or a girl! According to the ole poll in my sidebar, it is about even. What's your guess?

6 comments:

Jen said...

Girl, I can't believe that you are already finding out what you are having!!!! Oh my goodness! How time flies. Can't wait to celebrate with Merit for her birthday too!
Jen

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

what a precious post--and a precious little family you have! I can't wait to find out what you're having next! Are you going back to Dr. Hirsch for baby #2? I miss that man!

annalee said...

i vote boy. because i'd like for us to have as many similarities as possible in life even though we don't live as close as i wish we did and get to play as much as i wish we could:)

erin f. said...

You MUST blog more. I need your're blogs!

I can't believe Merit will be two. My cooper is two and he seems like such a big boy and I still think of little Mer as baby baby. Makes me sad :)

I am wanting so badly to make a nashville trip soon...love you and happy birthdays all around!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to everyone! Wow- lots of celebrations! I voted girl.... I don't know why- just what I was feeling.

JenniferW said...

Sounds like a great month for you guys! I'm slightly jealous of the protective older brother gig, I always wanted one ;) Love your posts.